What's new

For those of you with 45tx... (1 Viewer)

Chris Elm

Stunt Coordinator
Does Pioneer have its own 7 channel processing (i.e. similar to Logic7) where it can convert the mono signal for the rear surrounds and split it into two separate signals?
Hmm not sure if I explained that correctly but y'all know what I mean.:)

On a side note, we have recently finished our basement, and my dad took his old Luxman cd changer out of my room. He forgot to check for cds still in there though, and upon transport, my U2 disc seems to have left the tray and defected to the internals of the unit.:angry: Now the player turns on, but the tray wont open and it just makes this wierd cycling noise. Is there anything we can do to try to make it work again?
Thanks so much

Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
The 43tx and 45tx don't have such processing, but the 47tx and 49tx/txi both do as part of the THX Ultra-2 proccessing package. Any THX Ultra-2 receiver will have this, but you'll be paying a pretty penny for it.

Hope this helps :)

DanielSmi

Second Unit
Not so Stephen, it 's part of the THX-EX processing and has always been it's called adaptive decorrelation. The difference between Ultra2 and THX-EX is Ultra2 does a better job of making a 7.1 soundtrack out of non DD-EX or DTS-ES encoded 5.1 soundtracks. So with normal 5.1 use ULTRA2 and it takes the surround channels and makes rear surround channels out of them. THX-EX takes a DD-EX or DTS-ES Martix or Discrete soundtrack and applies THX processing which includes adaptive decorrelation to the EX/ES channels and then sends the info to the rear speakers. THX.com says adaptive decorrelation manages Mono Surround signals for a true stereo feel. It's been available since THX inception and is mainly used on pro-logic sources.

Daniel Smith

Users who are viewing this thread