Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Amp and set up for a SVS 16-46 cs

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 OFFLINE   Tim MC

Tim MC

Extra

• 16 posts

Posted April 26 2003 - 08:01 PM

Hi guys. I am getting my SVS sub (16-46 cs) next week and now i have to figure out what kind of amp i should use or should i just use one of the chans from my hafler dh500?
Also should i just use the cross over of my EAD Theatermaster, I set it at 50. Think a carver m400 or parasound hca 1000a might be good amps for the sub? I don't think the other people in my apt are going to like me after i get this sub set up Posted Image.

#2 of 2 OFFLINE   John F. Palacio

John F. Palacio

Supporting Actor

• 576 posts

Posted April 27 2003 - 06:25 AM

[quote] Hi guys. I am getting my SVS sub (16-46 cs) next week and now i have to figure out what kind of amp i should use or should i just use one of the chans from my hafler dh500? Also should i just use the cross over of my EAD Theatermaster, I set it at 50. Think a carver m400 or parasound hca 1000a might be good amps for the sub? I don't think the other people in my apt are going to like me after i get this sub set up [quote]

If you already have a Hafler, try it out. If I recall correctly the DH500 is rated at 250w/ch into 8 ohms. The 4 ohm load of your 16-46 should allow the Hafler to produce close to 500 watts which would be a perfect match.

The crossover question depends on your mains and to a lesser extent, your room. Is it adjustable?

The Carver M400 or the Parasound HCA 1000 would also work very well.

I am powering a pair of 16-46 CS+'s with a Carver A-760.

You are probably correct on your assumption about your neighborsPosted Image
Best regards.

John
Freelance Video Control Engineer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users