Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Amp and set up for a SVS 16-46 cs

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 Tim MC

Tim MC

Extra

• 16 posts

Posted April 26 2003 - 08:01 PM

Hi guys. I am getting my SVS sub (16-46 cs) next week and now i have to figure out what kind of amp i should use or should i just use one of the chans from my hafler dh500?
Also should i just use the cross over of my EAD Theatermaster, I set it at 50. Think a carver m400 or parasound hca 1000a might be good amps for the sub? I don't think the other people in my apt are going to like me after i get this sub set up Posted Image.

#2 of 2 John F. Palacio

John F. Palacio

Supporting Actor

• 576 posts

Posted April 27 2003 - 06:25 AM

Quote:
Hi guys. I am getting my SVS sub (16-46 cs) next week and now i have to figure out what kind of amp i should use or should i just use one of the chans from my hafler dh500? Also should i just use the cross over of my EAD Theatermaster, I set it at 50. Think a carver m400 or parasound hca 1000a might be good amps for the sub? I don't think the other people in my apt are going to like me after i get this sub set up

If you already have a Hafler, try it out. If I recall correctly the DH500 is rated at 250w/ch into 8 ohms. The 4 ohm load of your 16-46 should allow the Hafler to produce close to 500 watts which would be a perfect match.

The crossover question depends on your mains and to a lesser extent, your room. Is it adjustable?

The Carver M400 or the Parasound HCA 1000 would also work very well.

I am powering a pair of 16-46 CS+'s with a Carver A-760.

You are probably correct on your assumption about your neighborsPosted Image
Best regards.

John
Freelance Video Control Engineer