Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Black Sash - guilty pleasure

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 37,617 posts

Posted April 26 2003 - 05:33 PM

I finally watched my ReplayTV'd episodes of Black Sash, and I couldn't believe what a frikkin' hottie Missy Peregrym (Tory) is. Whoa!

The blonde girl, Ali (Sarah Carter) is also growing on me.

I have to chuckle whenever Tom (Russell Wong) has to show up and kick some butt to get him or his students out of the jam they get themselve into. So much for discipline and knowing themselves (so they don't get themselves in hot water). But if they didn't, they'd be monks and no one would tune in to see the weekly slow-mo WWF-style martial arts display. Posted Image

This show is definitely a guilty viewing pleasure.

(Too bad it probably won't be picked up by the WB for next season, and it's getting pulled for Sweeps month of May).
"Jee-sus, it's like Iwo Jima out there" - Roger Sterling on "Mad Men"
Patcave | 2006 Films | 2007 Films | Flickr | Comic-Con 2012 | Dragon*Con 2012

#2 of 5 Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver

Lead Actor

• 9,306 posts

Posted April 27 2003 - 03:36 AM

It is a gas. I started watching because of the "anything with people from Brisco County Junior gets a chance" thing (Carlton Cuse and Jed Siedel, in this case), and it's fun in an absurd way - just the way equal time and importance are assigned to Tori not wanting to wear a dress, someone trying to kill one of the other kids, and Tom trying to get joint custody of his daughter.
Jay's Movie Blog - A movie-viewing diary.
Transplanted Life: Sci-fi soap opera about a man placed in a new body, updated two or three times a week.
Trading Post Inn - Another gender-bending soap, with different collaborators writing different points of view.

"What? Since when was this an energy...

#3 of 5 Al Shing

Al Shing

Stunt Coordinator

• 108 posts

Posted April 28 2003 - 03:00 PM

Quote:
(Too bad it probably won't be picked up by the WB for next season, and it's getting pulled for Sweeps month of May).

Does this mean Black Sash will return this summer to finish off its remaining eps? I thought this series was done.

#4 of 5 Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 37,617 posts

Posted April 28 2003 - 10:37 PM

The website shows one more episode to being shown in the middle of May (5-18-03).

#5 of 5 Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 37,617 posts

Posted May 25 2003 - 11:23 AM

FYI: Tonight the WB is starting to burn off its remaining Black Sash episodes.