What's new

"noise" when watching minority report (1 Viewer)

JakeMcM

Stunt Coordinator
I rented minority report and I noticed a lot of noise, or static on a lot of solid backgrounds, faces, body parts etc...I'm trying to figure out if this is a problem associated w/the disk, my xp30, or my panasonic L300 projector. Or maybe my screen size is making these a lot more noticeable. Any one else notice this.

MikeM

Screenwriter
That's how the movie is shot. A.I. and Minority Report show lots of what looks "digital noise" but it's really the film look they were going for. It appeared the same way in theaters.

Do you have a copy of A.I. to pop in and see the same effects?

JakeMcM

Stunt Coordinator
I don't have a copy of ai, but I'll take your word for it, thanks for clearing that up, I sort of knew it was something to do with the movie itself because none of my other movies are like that and if it was a "problem" w/the disk I probably would have heard about it on here. Thanks.

John Royster

Screenwriter
Having your sharpness set too high or SVM enable on your TV can actually "augment" the grain as well.

JakeMcM

Stunt Coordinator
yeah I turned it way down for this movie, it still didn't go away, but now I know it was intentional, but I don't notice on other movies save a few intermittenly

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks