Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

"noise" when watching minority report

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   JakeMcM

JakeMcM

Stunt Coordinator

• 145 posts

Posted April 26 2003 - 09:30 AM

I rented minority report and I noticed a lot of noise, or static on a lot of solid backgrounds, faces, body parts etc...I'm trying to figure out if this is a problem associated w/the disk, my xp30, or my panasonic L300 projector. Or maybe my screen size is making these a lot more noticeable. Any one else notice this.

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   MikeM

MikeM

Screenwriter

• 1,207 posts

Posted April 26 2003 - 11:04 AM

That's how the movie is shot. A.I. and Minority Report show lots of what looks "digital noise" but it's really the film look they were going for. It appeared the same way in theaters. Do you have a copy of A.I. to pop in and see the same effects?

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   JakeMcM

JakeMcM

Stunt Coordinator

• 145 posts

Posted April 27 2003 - 08:47 AM

I don't have a copy of ai, but I'll take your word for it, thanks for clearing that up, I sort of knew it was something to do with the movie itself because none of my other movies are like that and if it was a "problem" w/the disk I probably would have heard about it on here. Thanks.

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   John Royster

John Royster

Screenwriter

• 1,089 posts

Posted April 27 2003 - 10:30 AM

Having your sharpness set too high or SVM enable on your TV can actually "augment" the grain as well.

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   JakeMcM

JakeMcM

Stunt Coordinator

• 145 posts

Posted April 27 2003 - 04:13 PM

yeah I turned it way down for this movie, it still didn't go away, but now I know it was intentional, but I don't notice on other movies save a few intermittenly

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users