What's new

Cover Art: ALL THAT JAZZ (1 Viewer)

Jon Robertson

Screenwriter
I vastly prefer the R2 artwork. The above cover looks way too much like a crossover attempt of Moulin Rouge and Chicago for my liking.

Roger Rollins

Supporting Actor
AWFUL!!!!! Photoshop strkes again!

The original key art was so clean and classy. If Fosse were alive to see this, I don't think he would be happy.:thumbsdown:

PatrickL

Deceased Member
I store my cases out of sight anyhow and keep my discs in windowed sleeves, but I'll play along....

I like this cover art just fine, actually. The one-sheet I have is nothing but the logo, which they preserved in the center of this artwork. I don't see this cover as cheapening the way the art for Universal's "Far From Heaven" is, or Columbia's "Murder by Death." Not even close.

Joe Caps

Senior HTF Member
Where are these covers coming from - I see the covers up on the forum for this title and the Rose - does anyone have teh covers for Hello Dolly and Star?

Steve_Ch

Supporting Actor
This is one of those situations that the "old/original" art is such a classic that (IMO) its part of the film, messing with it is a real bad idea.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Joe, in Fox's information network the Star! listing has been removed for now, due to the title's delay (to add more supplements).

There is a listing for Hello Dolly, of course, and for the Simon & Garfunkel Concert In Central Park (due to be released as part of the same promotion as these others). But HD and S&G:CiCP don't have artwork in the system yet.

*I* thought the ATJ cover seemed rather pleasing, myself. It seemed like a nice mix of the well-known logo for fans, plus a collage of scenes from the film so that newcomers to this title would eaily determine if they should pick up the box when they see it on the shelf. I guess Fox can't please everyone, though.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
David,

Thanks for posting this cover art.

I have updated my review of the DVD with the
final artwork.

Greg_M

Screenwriter
Not a bad cover. But the cover for "The Rose" is really bad. Hasn't anyone in the marketing deparetment of Fox ever take an art class? They DO want to sell this title, don't they?

FOX use to have great art work on their Laserdiscs and VHS tapes. I believe the artist who use to work at Fox has moved over to Warners. (which may explain why Warners has beautiful cover art.)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks