-

Photo
- - - - -

Fastlane Finale

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 of 10 OFFLINE   MikeAlletto

MikeAlletto

Screenwriter

• 2,371 posts

Posted April 25 2003 - 04:15 PM

Anyone watch this tonight? I really like this show and the finale was pretty cool. It had some censored swear words in it too. I couldn't tell it they really said what they said but fox censored it or it was supposed to look that way but really wasn't.
Michael Alletto

#2 of 10 OFFLINE   MickeS

MickeS

Producer

• 5,065 posts

Posted April 25 2003 - 04:36 PM

Yeah, I like this show too, and I just came here to post about the finale. This means it's picked up for a 2nd season for sure, or what? It wouldn't be nice to leave us hanging with a cliffhanger like that. Then again, that's what Fox did with "The Lone Gunmen" too.

Yeah, they censored the dialogue, the word "shit" was muted several times. I figured they had the dialogue in there for the DVD-release or F/X run. I missed about half the episodes of the season, so I hope it'll be out on DVD or shown on F/X before next season.

/Mike
/Mike

#3 of 10 OFFLINE   Mike_Stuewe

Mike_Stuewe

Stunt Coordinator

• 140 posts

Posted April 26 2003 - 01:17 AM

Great episode. Great show. Looks OK in fox widescreen too. I loved the bit with the diamonds, where Deke held up his gun, flashed the badge and said, "ok you got 5 minutes, one handful per person!" then people were pissed off when they had to stop grabbing them, cuz a million dollars worth of diamonds just isnt enough these days.

#4 of 10 OFFLINE   MikeAlletto

MikeAlletto

Screenwriter

• 2,371 posts

Posted April 26 2003 - 04:33 AM

I hope it comes back, but I know more people that are watching Fastlane than Lone Gunman and some of the other Fox failures.
Michael Alletto

#5 of 10 OFFLINE   Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 37,754 posts

Posted April 26 2003 - 04:34 AM

Maybe it's just me, but how does Van get away with crippling/killing the rogue Candystore cop by ramming the truck into his car? Just seems WAY over the top.
"Jee-sus, it's like Iwo Jima out there" - Roger Sterling on "Mad Men"
Patcave | 2006 Films | 2007 Films | Flickr | Comic-Con 2012 | Dragon*Con 2012

#6 of 10 OFFLINE   Jeff Kohn

Jeff Kohn

Supporting Actor

• 680 posts

Posted April 26 2003 - 04:45 AM

Quote:
Maybe it's just me, but how does Van get away with crippling/killing the rogue Candystore cop by ramming the truck into his car? Just seems WAY over the top.
I thought so too, they had him trapped so there was really no justification. That whole scene was over the top, and the notion that the IA guy would only go after Billie while leaving the other two on the job seemed unlikely as well.
Jeff Kohn
http://home.houston.rr.com/jeffkohn
My DVD Profiler Collection

#7 of 10 OFFLINE   Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Screenwriter

• 1,581 posts

Posted April 26 2003 - 04:47 AM

Patrick, because the guy deserved it. There is always something over the top in Fastlane.

FWIW, they have been bleeping out words throughout the season.
I have seen Larry David in action, and that man is an animal, and he has to be stopped.

#8 of 10 OFFLINE   Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 37,754 posts

Posted April 26 2003 - 05:00 AM

Dispensing justice is not Van's job, regardless of the crime.
"Jee-sus, it's like Iwo Jima out there" - Roger Sterling on "Mad Men"
Patcave | 2006 Films | 2007 Films | Flickr | Comic-Con 2012 | Dragon*Con 2012

#9 of 10 OFFLINE   Don Black

Don Black

Screenwriter

• 1,485 posts

Posted April 26 2003 - 12:55 PM

I gave up on this show a few months ago. I decided to catch the season finale just to see how things were going and was surprised at how it's improved. It looks like they've toned down the McG'ness a bit since the premiere.

#10 of 10 OFFLINE   John Thomas

John Thomas

Screenwriter

• 2,636 posts

Posted April 26 2003 - 06:12 PM

Wow. I thought I was the only one who watched this show.

I dig the over-the-top bit of the show. It's flashy, eye-candy, all that. But in a good way. Posted Image