What's new

need more interview help! (1 Viewer)

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
Remember the phone interview?
well it went very well (in MY opinion anyway) and the job is definitely something I want very very badly, it's a huge opportunity for me..

so here's the my question, they want to fly me out for a face to face interview. I'm not sure how to handle my dress for this. I'm out at like, 9:30 am and leaving to head back at 6:40pm
so, should I wear my suit on the airplane? (blech!) or should I change in the airport after picking up my car? I've never done this before. I need to make the best possible impression :)

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
Many businessmen travel in their suits and show up for work and presentations wearing exactly the clothes they wore on the airplane.

If you want everything completely spiffy, you can change at the airport, but if you do, a few things to consider (if they are not already on your list.).

Don’t just change into a suit. It will be far less wrinkled than your dress shirt (assuming good quality wool suit and a cotton shirt). This means that you need to pack a dress shirt as well. You could make it two, just to be on the safe side.

Shits on hangers wrinkle very easily, especially 100% cotton dress shirts. Take a couple of your dress shirts to a professional laundry and have them washed, pressed and folded. This will give you creases, but they will be uniform and in places that other businessmen expect.

Make sure that if you are not packing shoes and socks (for a fresh change) that you select them to match your suit, not your traveling slacks. Same with a belt. You can probably have your shoes shined at the airport. Do so.

Don’t forget a tie. Maybe two.

Pack everything in a garment bag or suitcase that you can take onboard the plane. Try to avoid the chance of lost luggage. For this you will need something that can handle a suit, but not wrinkle it—there are plenty of bags like this.

Consider flying in the night before and staying at a motel/hotel. (Pay for this yourself). I would still take professionally ironed and folded shirts.

Good luck.

Curt_Dennis

Stunt Coordinator
Personally, if it was me I would wear the suit. I know it's not quite as comfortable, but I would wear everything but the tie on the plane. Also bring an extra shirt, just in case you need it.

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
the suit is off at the dry cleaners being taken in and cleaned/pressed. the shirt too I guess. I'm wearing the standard aviation black suit, dark red tie, nothing flashy. I'm just concerned about looking bad once off the airplane, I'm driving some distance, then hopping on a flight direct to the city, then renting a car, perhaps I'll change after making arrangements for the car as suggested, travel in my normal clothes then get dressed

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks