What's new

LA X2 and Matrix Reloaded Screenings (1 Viewer)

John A. Gordon

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
JohnG
Anyone interested in getting together for a screening of X-Men and then going to the Village Theatre to see X2?

And also a Matrix screening then going to the Village to see Matrix Reloaded?

What are your thoughts?

John A. Gordon

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
JohnG
Right now I'm thinking of Fri. night, probably the 10:40pm or the midnight show that actually starts at 12:30am.
If that does not work, showtimes for Sat. are 9:45am, 12:15pm, 4:00pm, 7:00pm, 10:40pm. Would probably hit the early 9:45am show.

Dave Crigna

Stunt Coordinator
Well, it looks like I am out for this weekend. Forgot I had a previous commitment. If you guys go on a different weekend, please post.

John A. Gordon

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
JohnG
Sat. 9:45am it is for X2. My plan is to be there by 9:00am, just in case.

Next, will have to plan for Matrix Reloaded. Just found out my wife will be out of town the first weekend it starts, so I will be open all weekend.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Just to be sure John, THIS coming Saturday (May 3), at 9:45am? Will talk it over w/ the girlfriend. She has issues waking up early on the weekends, but for X2 I might be able to get her to make an exception (yes she's really excited to see the movie, that is how I know I have the right one!).

If I (we) can go, maybe a lunch in the Village afterwards?

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
My gf and me are set for the 9:45 am showing as well. We'll probably be there around 9:00-9:15. Lunch sounds good, as well as a side trip to Diddy Reese cookies :)

John A. Gordon

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
JohnG
Yes, Sat. May 3, 9:45am.

The only downside to the 9:45am show is not being able to sleep in. But I figure, hopefully a smaller crowd and then will still have a good portion of the day left.

As for lunch, that should be doable. South Street across the street somewhat from the Village for a Philly Cheese steak, yum yum. Then two giant cookies and a milk for $1.00 at Diddy Reise Cookies is in order as well.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Just went to South Street for the first time a few weeks ago, definitely yummy. And yeah, it's unfortunate that inflation finally caught up w/ Diddy Riese and forced them to shave a cookie off of their deal (still like 50% cheaper than the vastly overrated Mrs. Fields...).

Will try and convince her to wake up. If she won't, will consider either going solo (though it may cost me in terms of "brownie points") or just meeting up w/ you guys for lunch just to say hi and shoot the...breeze.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
One thing: has anyone invited David Tolsky? I sent him an email to his AOL account regarding this thread, but if someone knows of a faster way to contact him, he may be interested!

John A. Gordon

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
JohnG
For those attending X2, see you all tomorrow, 9:00am, or at least by 9:45am start. If the rain comes, maybe that will keep some people away. I would suggest for seating, center in rows R - U, usually the best for sound.

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
Just wanted to say I enjoyed it this morning. It was good seeing all of you. I'm looking forward to doing it again for the Matrix.

John A. Gordon

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
JohnG
Yeah, I had a great time as well. Sorry I could not hang and stay for lunch. Next time. We sure lucked out going to 9:45am show by not having a line to wait in. With all of us who showed up, we had three rows we were spread out in, not too bad. My guess there were about 500 or so total people at our screening, but of course as we all saw when we walked out of the theatre, the line for the noon show was wrapped around the block—could have even been sold out, and that means about 1200 seats. Let’s hope there is a smaller crowd again for the Matrix Reloaded screening. Speaking of Matrix, shall we plan now for Matrix Reloaded?

Several of us have offered to do a screening of Matrix the day before we venture to see MR. Who is interested? I would gladly offer to do that for those interested—I have the whole weekend free. Anytime on Sat. May 17 works for me, and then we could head to the theatre on Sun. What do you think? I can easily accommodate 6 – 8 people in my home theater—I have two sofa’s, with room to spare bringing in extra chairs, or the floor if need be. If others want to offer with more space, that is cool as well. As for MR, I’ll get the show times as soon as they make them available. One thing we have going for us—maybe--is MR opens on Thursday the 15th (well actually Wed night at 10:00pm), which of course will be 2 – 3 days before we would see it. That just might make the crowds a tad less, but then again.

Anyway, two weeks to go.

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
Sounds like a plan, John. I should be able to come in the afternoon on the 17th. We could then do a Matrix Reloaded showing on Sunday the 18th. Jean Weitzman also offered his place.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
I'm definitely up for MR at the theaters, but one warning: I do believe the crowd will be much larger for MR than X2. Might be akin to a new Star Wars movie (before we found out the new trilogy stunk). I'd even be up for doing it the second weekend of release because I wouldn't be surprised to see the entire first weekend sold out...

As for a Matrix 1 screening, I'm interested but would have to talk it over depending on the day we do it. I plan on having a screener at my apt for a few coworkers (my system is much more modest than all you FP gurus!) and maybe one for a few friends, so I may be sick to death of Matrix 1 by the time either John or Jean do the screening. Or maybe I'll still want to attend to see a good FP but won't drag my girlfriend since she'll be at all those prior screenings at my apartment.

It was great seeing everyone again!

John A. Gordon

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
JohnG
Carlo,
You do not have to feel bad about your modest system. As long as you are happy with it, that is what really counts. I've watch HT on many friends modest systems and still enjoyed it. And if it is of any concern, I do not have a FP, but I do have a 16x9 RP set (and its only six months old now). My first concern was getting excellent sound. My system will be complete by years end after I redo the room making it HT and audio friendly.

You just might be correct about crowds for MR, but if there is another 9:00am screening, that will be on our side. X2 afterall did $85 million, which isn't to shabby.

JohnG

Jean Weitzmann

Stunt Coordinator
Hey guys,
X-2 was great. What an awsome flick!
Bryan Singer did it again.

For Matrix, if we plan MR for sunday morning , I repeat my offer of a Matrix 1 screening at my place (Sherman Oaks, CRT FP, 8' diagonal 16x9 screen, average sound ;) ) on saturday evening. I can accommodate about 10-12 people.

Jean

John A. Gordon

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
JohnG
The latest scoop.
It looks like Jean will be playing Matrix at his place on Sat. night, I will not be able to make that, sorry Jean. I'm planning on screening it at my place on Fri. night.

For Matrix Reloaded. Early show times Sat. and Sun are 9:00am! I know this is early for a weekend, but will be the best in terms for smaller crowds, we hope. I will be going to the Sat. 9:00am show. Others will be doing the 9:00am Sun. show. Either way, it will be cool. At least this time I can stick around for lunch afterward and of course for some Diddy Riese cookies :).

So, who's going?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks