What's new

Suikoden 3 for PS2 - Discontinued by Microsoft? (1 Viewer)

Joseph Young

Screenwriter
Hi,

I recently found a used copy of Suikoden 3 for the PS2. I regrettably had no prior experience with previous games in the series, but had heard a lot of good things about this epic Konami RPG.

I was told by a somewhat reliable source that the game was discontinued because Microsoft bought the rights to the series and will refurbish Suikoden 3 for the Xbox in the near future -- in fact, it will be Xbox exclusive. Can anyone confirm or deny these rumours?

The game was in stores for a very short period of time and can only be found used... and sure enough, there's an Xbox release date for next January. Hm...

~joseph

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
I wonder if someone's getting Suikoden & the impending Sudeki (which is XBox only) mixed up. Similiar names.

Got a link to a Xbox release date?

Joseph Young

Screenwriter
Brian,

Although the following information retrieved from IGN was (I belive) later disconfirmed, this is what I was able to find.

"Though the information is not available via their websites, major videogame retailers, including Gamestop, list an Xbox version of the game with a March 2003 date in their computer systems. Phone calls to various chains around the San Francisco area have confirmed this appearance in multiple stores.

Officially Konami hasn't released a statement regarding an Xbox version of the game, and there are no materials other than the listing in the aforementioned computer systems confirming its existence. However, retailers enter this kind of information into their databases whenever they are given a SKU number for a game, meaning the game is almost certainly a reality."

I am obviously taking all unconfirmed reports with a grain of salt. Especially since it's now April 2003. :) Hm, time will tell I guess. :)

~j

JamesH

Supporting Actor
People have been talking about Suikoden 3 being discontinued practically ever since it came out. I think it's just had sporadic print runs and shipments, since I've seen a few stores restock it from time to time. By now though, it's been longer than it takes a lot of games to be discontinued, so who knows.

florence franks

Stunt Coordinator
What a great game though! I can't imagine them adding anything more, I was clocked at 100hrs!
I ready for part 4! bring it on!

My understanding everything Suikoden, books, etc are treated like collector runs, meaning very limited. So as was stated above I think they got confused with other title and I'll believe when I see approach would be best.

Robert Burkes

Second Unit
Hey, guys. Is this game worth getting? I was planning to get it this summer, but if it's possibly going out of print, I'll pick it up this week. What do you think? Worth the investment? I have an XBox, but there's no tentative release date for the XBox version that I've found. Thanks for the warning about it going OOP!

Rob

Damien

Supporting Actor
this rumor spawned when the game was released, I guess we'll know for sure at E3. Since Metal Gear 2,Silent Hill 2 were ported(though with poor sales), I guess there is a possibility.

Users who are viewing this thread