Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Joined the Wharfedale club

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   Chris Shelly

Chris Shelly

Second Unit

• 275 posts

Posted April 25 2003 - 05:11 AM

Today I ordered a set of Wharfedale Diamond 8 speakers.

Diamond 8.4 (Almond)
Diamond Center (Almond)
Diamond DFS (Almond) x2 for 7.1

I have been researching different brands of speakers for some time. I have found many brands I liked but only the Diamond 8 speakers offered the sound quality and value I have been looking for.

I have a Panasonic SE-200S receiver that puts out a good amount of power. Should not be a problem driving the Diamonds. This receiver has a reputation of being very clean sounding. Because of this I shy'ed away from Klipsch. I believe the flatter response of the Wharfedales will be a much better match for this receiver.

Now the worst part is waiting for them to be delivered.

Chris

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   JedW

JedW

Agent

• 43 posts

Posted April 25 2003 - 05:44 AM

I will be in the market for upgrading my system in the near future and the Wharfedale's looked good to me as well. I am especially interested in the surround speakers. If you don't mind, could you post how much everything cost and where you got them from?

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   Chris Shelly

Chris Shelly

Second Unit

• 275 posts

Posted April 25 2003 - 06:50 AM

The total cost for the system was $1,434.26. This also includes a 12" Powerbass 12 subwoofer. The retailer is Wild West Electronics. www.wildwestelectronics.com

I was also considering the Wharfedale Zaldek series speakers. But these are not highly rated and not all that much cheaper. I could not find a single complaint about the Diamond Series speakers.

Since my receiver is very clean with a shift toward the bright side I have decided not to go with a horn loaded speaker even though that is what I originally wanted.

Chris