Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Paradigm Factory Delay

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 of 14 OFFLINE   Ron_L

Ron_L

Second Unit

• 274 posts

Posted April 24 2003 - 07:37 PM

Has anyone here about this? Paradigm is apparently having some trouble with the Studio line and are having major delays.

#2 of 14 OFFLINE   Tony Genovese

Tony Genovese

Supporting Actor

• 814 posts

Posted April 24 2003 - 11:51 PM

Why not call Paradigm and ask them?

#3 of 14 OFFLINE   james e m

james e m

Second Unit

• 499 posts

Posted April 25 2003 - 02:47 AM

Are you sure it isn't a line change? James
When in doubt...Rock it out.

Updated Pictures & Equipment List

This is my very, very, very outdated website.Mirkwood Home Theater

#4 of 14 OFFLINE   Ron_L

Ron_L

Second Unit

• 274 posts

Posted April 25 2003 - 08:46 AM

Well the studios are delayed that's what the dealer is telling me. This is week 4 of the wait.

#5 of 14 OFFLINE   Tony Genovese

Tony Genovese

Supporting Actor

• 814 posts

Posted April 25 2003 - 10:35 AM

[quote] Well the studios are delayed that's what the dealer is telling me. This is week 4 of the wait. [quote]

Do you doubt the veracity of the dealer's claim? If so, call Paradigm to confirm. I once dealt with a dealer who would pull this trick all the time. You'd give him a large deposit for an amp (say on the order of $2500) and he'd claim production difficulties. A call to the factory revealed he was just "playing" with your money. If you suspect this, CALL PARADIGM.

#6 of 14 OFFLINE   Jamey F

Jamey F

Stunt Coordinator

• 200 posts

Posted April 25 2003 - 02:08 PM

My dealer told me a delay of 5 weeks on rosenut laminate studio 100s. That was a couple of days longer than 4 weeks ago. I just spoke with him yesterday. He claimed they will be in next week. I don't distrust him based on him already getting the rest of the set within a week or so of letting him know I wanted them. You can always call Paradigm to verify, but it sounds reasonable. I'm sure Paradigm isn't making a lot extra because of the newer version supposedly coming out in the fall.

#7 of 14 OFFLINE   Ron_L

Ron_L

Second Unit

• 274 posts

Posted April 25 2003 - 04:11 PM

Well the dealer said to call back tuesday, just picked up the Servo 15 today so that has cooled off any impatient feelings.

#8 of 14 OFFLINE   Kinson_Y

Kinson_Y

Auditioning

• 13 posts

Posted April 25 2003 - 10:58 PM

Well, I read a while back that Paradigm has been working on getting out their Reference Signature series out this year. Maybe this has been tying up a lot of their resources.

Anyone know if the new S2, S4 and S6 speakers (at $2k, $4k and $6k respectively) are going to replace the current Studio line out right of if it's simply their "raising the bar" to new performance (and cost) heights?

#9 of 14 OFFLINE   ChrisWiggles

ChrisWiggles

Producer

• 4,791 posts

Posted April 26 2003 - 05:12 AM

Posted Image

hehe good one.

As to the signature series, I was under the impression that the studio series would be improved using some of the new signature series drivers or something, and then the full signature series above that, so there would be two series within the reference line. At least that's what I hope happens. Can't wait to hear the new line.

#10 of 14 OFFLINE   Ron_L

Ron_L

Second Unit

• 274 posts

Posted April 26 2003 - 06:19 AM

c'mon how many people do you think are gonna buy these signature series speakers? To stop production on the studios is just dumb.

#11 of 14 OFFLINE   Khoa Tran

Khoa Tran

Supporting Actor

• 569 posts

Posted April 26 2003 - 06:32 AM

why don't you call paradigm and ask them say the exact same thing "c'mon how many people do you think are gonna buy these signature series speakers? To stop production on the studios is just dumb."

#12 of 14 OFFLINE   james e m

james e m

Second Unit

• 499 posts

Posted April 27 2003 - 03:43 AM

Chris, I wasn't joking about the line change comment. Paradigm has one factory and they produce one line of speakers at a time. For instance they will mass produce all of the Monitor series speakers they for see that they will need in a set amount of time. Then they change over the factory (much like the auto industry) to produce another product line such as the Studio series. James
When in doubt...Rock it out.

Updated Pictures & Equipment List

This is my very, very, very outdated website.Mirkwood Home Theater

#13 of 14 OFFLINE   ChrisWiggles

ChrisWiggles

Producer

• 4,791 posts

Posted April 27 2003 - 08:33 AM

I actually thought you were joking, in terms of hockey. I been watching too much hockey lately, and i just thought you were making a hocky reference, you know, with Paradigm being Canadian, and Canadians being big on hockey, and all the line changes in the games and.... Posted Image I guess I'm just hearing things that aren't there. No biggie i do that all the time Posted Image

But that is interesting, with the factory changes like that, I didn't know they did that.

#14 of 14 OFFLINE   Jason Brent

Jason Brent

Second Unit

• 268 posts

Posted April 27 2003 - 10:26 AM

I was told that Signature line would not be replacing the current Studio line.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users