What's new

Paradigm Factory Delay (1 Viewer)

Ron_L

Second Unit
Has anyone here about this? Paradigm is apparently having some trouble with the Studio line and are having major delays.

Ron_L

Second Unit
Well the studios are delayed that's what the dealer is telling me. This is week 4 of the wait.

Tony Genovese

Supporting Actor
Well the studios are delayed that's what the dealer is telling me. This is week 4 of the wait.
Do you doubt the veracity of the dealer's claim? If so, call Paradigm to confirm. I once dealt with a dealer who would pull this trick all the time. You'd give him a large deposit for an amp (say on the order of $2500) and he'd claim production difficulties. A call to the factory revealed he was just "playing" with your money. If you suspect this, CALL PARADIGM.

Jamey F

Stunt Coordinator
My dealer told me a delay of 5 weeks on rosenut laminate studio 100s. That was a couple of days longer than 4 weeks ago. I just spoke with him yesterday. He claimed they will be in next week. I don't distrust him based on him already getting the rest of the set within a week or so of letting him know I wanted them.

You can always call Paradigm to verify, but it sounds reasonable. I'm sure Paradigm isn't making a lot extra because of the newer version supposedly coming out in the fall.

Ron_L

Second Unit
Well the dealer said to call back tuesday, just picked up the Servo 15 today so that has cooled off any impatient feelings.

Kinson_Y

Auditioning
Well, I read a while back that Paradigm has been working on getting out their Reference Signature series out this year. Maybe this has been tying up a lot of their resources.

Anyone know if the new S2, S4 and S6 speakers (at $2k, $4k and $6k respectively) are going to replace the current Studio line out right of if it's simply their "raising the bar" to new performance (and cost) heights?

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member
:laugh:

hehe good one.

As to the signature series, I was under the impression that the studio series would be improved using some of the new signature series drivers or something, and then the full signature series above that, so there would be two series within the reference line. At least that's what I hope happens. Can't wait to hear the new line.

Ron_L

Second Unit
c'mon how many people do you think are gonna buy these signature series speakers? To stop production on the studios is just dumb.

Khoa Tran

Supporting Actor
why don't you call paradigm and ask them

say the exact same thing "c'mon how many people do you think are gonna buy these signature series speakers? To stop production on the studios is just dumb."

james e m

Second Unit
Chris,
I wasn't joking about the line change comment. Paradigm has one factory and they produce one line of speakers at a time. For instance they will mass produce all of the Monitor series speakers they for see that they will need in a set amount of time. Then they change over the factory (much like the auto industry) to produce another product line such as the Studio series.
James

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member
I actually thought you were joking, in terms of hockey. I been watching too much hockey lately, and i just thought you were making a hocky reference, you know, with Paradigm being Canadian, and Canadians being big on hockey, and all the line changes in the games and.... :D I guess I'm just hearing things that aren't there. No biggie i do that all the time ;)

But that is interesting, with the factory changes like that, I didn't know they did that.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks