What's new

Why does IE automatically close?? (1 Viewer)

Van Patton

Second Unit
On certain websites (www.radiomargaritaville.com for one) my internet explorer will automatically close!! This is very annoying since I can not access these sites. I dl'd the new version and selected default under advance settings in tools but it still didnt help. Any advice?? THanks.

NickT

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Nick
Are you using a pop up stopper that you add names of the IE window to block the pop ups? That's one way you can have certain web sites not work.

JayV

Supporting Actor
You may want to give an alternative browser like Mozilla. It has a built-in pop-up killer you can use.

I believe Opera also has a blocker. I use Mozilla and love it. Mozilla is completely free; Opera has a free version supported by ads.

-j

Van Patton

Second Unit
No it's not pop up ads and I don't have a pop up stopper either. The interent explorer window/program will automatically close on me and it is so frustrating. Please assist!

Leila Dougan

Screenwriter
Does the window open at all? Do you get any error messages? What version of Windows and what version of IE? Has it always been like that or is this something new?

Rob Gillespie

Senior HTF Member
It's possibly an error somewhere in the page which is bugging out your IE.

btw, this should be in the Computer & HTPC forum.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
1) Which version of IE and of Windows are you running?

2) When exactly does the program shut down? When you open the site? After it opens? When you do something at the site? (If so, what?)

3) Are there any error messages, etc. when this happens?

4) If you have multiple IE windows open do all of them shut down, or just the one pointed to the Buffet site?

And yes, this really should be in the computer forum. :)

Regards,

Joe

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks