What's new

So, were the Friends ads misleading? (1 Viewer)

James_Kiang

Screenwriter
I missed last week's new episode (or was the week before that???). This was the one where the commercials had Rachel telling Joey to kiss her. They played it up like they were rekindling the Joey-Rachel relationship angle. Now, since they are now advertising Ross and Joey being in competition for Aisha Tyler's affections, I have to guess this was another case of NBC's "truly accurate" advertising. Can anyone confirm?

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch
It was a dream.

This show's really starting to wear thin.

Sam Davatchi

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
SamD
They played it up like they were rekindling the Joey-Rachel relationship angle.
No unfortunately it seems it was not misleading. We all thought it’s misleading and just a "one episode stunt" but this week episode "920 - The One With The Soap Opera Party" continued that subject matter. Seems Rachel has feelings for Joey and since they followed it this week, I have the very bad feeling that this is going to happen and maybe is going to be the cliffhanger of this season. I absolutely hate this idea. They shouldn’t turn this into Melrose Place, especially that only one season is left!

Greg*go

Supporting Actor
I think Friends commercials are the worst TV show ads. The Pitts on FOX had better commercials... At least you knew what you were in for from seeing them. Friends reminds me of a prime-time soap opera anymore with all the shananagins apparently going on in the ads.

If anyone goes into a coma on the show, I'm going to flip.

Jesse Blacklow

Senior HTF Member
Was anyone else disturbed by the fact that no mention was made of Rachel's baby by anyone, including Rachel? I mean, Rachel is a mother of an infant, but she just spends all of her free time hanging out with her friends. Ross doesn't appear to be helping out either? Even if she hired a nanny, one or both of them should be around a lot more. I know its TV land, but that's a very scary portrayal of a new mother. As a close friend of a loving mother to a 9-month old, this episode finally turned me off the show for good. It used to be good for a laugh or two, even if I was just waiting for the infinitely better "Scrubs" to come on.

Sam Davatchi

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
SamD
I know its TV land, but that's a very scary portrayal of a new mother.
That’s also what bothered me. Evidently, I know nothing about motherhood! but I thought that it was disturbing and unnecessary that after 9 years, yes 9 years, they change and portray a major character like this (And I’m not even a fan of Rachel!). I think that at the very start where she was pregnant, she was a lot better. I always remember the part where Tod (spelling?) comes back and wants to get back with her. Rachel said she is pregnant and that he can go. She looked so mature there!

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
I can't believe anyone takes this show seriously anymore (well as serious as one can take a sitcom). Every episode is just a rehash of previous seasons. They haven't had an original idea since maybe season 2 or so. They should have ended it this year instead of dragging it out from one more season, and its not even going to be a full season!

Chris Beveridge

Second Unit
Bah. I'm still enjoying it quite a lot. Great season so far, particularly for Joey, who's getting some great scenes and lines.

ChuckDeLa

Senior HTF Member
Not only did it bother me that there was ZERO mention of the baby, but I was also left wondering... what the hell happened to Ben? I haven't been watching the show regularly for a long time now, but did Ross' first kid die or what?

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Kids conveniently disappear all the time. There's been little mention of Phoebe's triplets in the past few years either.

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch
I literally just forgot to watch 'Friends' last week. That's bad. When 'E.R.' went into the shitter my wife and I made a conscious decision to just stop watching. I haven't done that with 'Friends' but totalling forgetting about it seems worse to me somehow.

Karl_Luph

Supporting Actor
I know how it is Chad, there's alot of trash network tv out there,(I don't have cable)so needless to say, I only keep up with a few series a week. I got tired of Friends 2 or 3 years ago, I guess I grew up out of that phase of my life that once found the show entertaining.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks