What's new

A new RP-62 for $80.00?? (1 Viewer)

Al.J

Auditioning
what up,

A friend of mine as a brand new Panasonic RP-62 still in unopened box that he bought about a year and a half ago. He said he would sell it to me for $80.00, however I have read mixed reviews about the old RP line-up reliability. I am currently using a Conia DVD8506B which I purchased at the local supermarket for like $50.00 so I was looking to upgrade and I thought this Panasonic would be a good deal. Any thoughts?? Thanks.

--Al.J

Clark F

Agent
I have only had my RP62 since February. I got it free with a KP-46WT500 purchase. It has worked flawlessly so far and the picture is quite good.
The only complaints I have is there is no burn in protection (screen saver) and it is pretty noisy when it seeks to a different part of the disk.
Talk him down to $60 and go for it :D

Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Best Buy has the RP62 for $99, so $80 is a pretty good deal, especially since some of the newer RP62's have had the Faroujda chipset replaced w/ the new Panasonic all-in-one chipset found in the S31 and S35. I would take it, you're not going to find a Faroujda based DVD player anywhere cheaper.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks