Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

A new RP-62 for $80.00??

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   Al.J

Al.J

Auditioning

• 4 posts

Posted April 24 2003 - 04:42 AM

what up, A friend of mine as a brand new Panasonic RP-62 still in unopened box that he bought about a year and a half ago. He said he would sell it to me for $80.00, however I have read mixed reviews about the old RP line-up reliability. I am currently using a Conia DVD8506B which I purchased at the local supermarket for like $50.00 so I was looking to upgrade and I thought this Panasonic would be a good deal. Any thoughts?? Thanks. --Al.J

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   Clark F

Clark F

Agent

• 45 posts

Posted April 24 2003 - 06:13 AM

I have only had my RP62 since February. I got it free with a KP-46WT500 purchase. It has worked flawlessly so far and the picture is quite good.
The only complaints I have is there is no burn in protection (screen saver) and it is pretty noisy when it seeks to a different part of the disk.
Talk him down to $60 and go for it Posted Image

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   Stephen Hopkins

Stephen Hopkins

Screenwriter

• 2,598 posts

Posted April 24 2003 - 09:11 AM

Best Buy has the RP62 for $99, so $80 is a pretty good deal, especially since some of the newer RP62's have had the Faroujda chipset replaced w/ the new Panasonic all-in-one chipset found in the S31 and S35. I would take it, you're not going to find a Faroujda based DVD player anywhere cheaper.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users