What's new

My receiver is making a really high pitched noise!!!!! (1 Viewer)

darren_b

Grip
I have a Denon 1803 receiver, and recently bought Ultimate dvd Platinum. When you change menu's, and sound changes automatically, (say, title screen is DPL 2, then goes into DD when u select a menu option) my receiver goes into a really high pitched noise of the DD song played, like its ruining the speakers, so i have to turn it off and on, to recorrect it. (it like i really high pitched screaming noise of the tracked being played)

It only does this probably 1 out of 3 times, and also did it with Austin Powers Goldmember, wher ei first noticed it.

Does anyone know what the cause of this would be? would it be the amp or the dvd player most likely, or even the optical cable im using??

I think it only happens when the source is switched quickly, IE) DD to DTS or DPL2.

It gets very frustrating. I have no problem with any other dvd's except these 2. I love the received but this is the only thing that really frustrates me, would changing it from auto selecting soucre to manual fix this??

thanks in advance

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks