What's new

Looking for good blank DVD prices (1 Viewer)

Kevin Porter

Supporting Actor
I've started to do some video editing work. I'm planning on buying a DVD burner to burn my productions but I need to know where to get blank DVDs for good prices. Anyone know of an online site or retail store where they carry cheap DVDs.

Steven K

Supporting Actor
Honestly, the best place to buy blanks is eBay... you can get a 100 disc spindle for $80 (-R) if you shop around a bit.

What kind of media are you looking for? DVD-R, DVD+R, DVD-RW, DVD+RW, or DVD-RAM?

The former is the cheapest, the latter is the most expensive. Also, check out www.vcdhelp.com and read their "DVD Media" reviews.

Steve Felix

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steve Felix
First, if you haven't already read it, I highly recommend the article "DVD Compatibility Test" by Ralph LaBarge on www.dv.com. (You need a free registration, though.) It basically concludes that Maxell's DVD-R discs work with the most players. Whether that's still true is up for debate, of course.

www.tapebargains.com is great pricewise for buying media. Their site is terrible but I've never had a problem with them.

Brian W. Ralston

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian W. Ralston
I have bought from www.atdiscount.com. They are good. Call instead of doing it on the net and ask for Jackie.

Lately though, I have found www.americal.com to have the best selection. Their service has been great and their pro-grade DVD-Rs I have found to be compatible with most anything I have tried (I have both a High Speed internal Pioneer AO5 and a firewire AO4 drive) and friends have used their discs on the Sony and TDK drives.

They also have the true silver CD-Rs which looks like pressed CDs when you are done with them as the die has absolutely no color.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks