What's new

Ghost Recon and Unlockables (1 Viewer)

Ritchie T

Agent
I've been working my way through the unlockables, and so far I only have about 15-20 of em. Most of them are obvious on what they do, but the question I have has to do with the unlockables such as helium, paper mode, bignoggin, etc.

Ive looked all through the net and the manual, but what exactly do these unlockables do and how do you use them? So far Ive gotten the helium one, but how do I use it? Im thinkin the bignoggin one has to do with their heads.

Can anyonel help me out with what some of these other unlockable do?

thanks

heres a list I found of the ones Im trying to figure out:

46. Chicken Mode Cheat : Complete M06 Castle in Firefight on Elite using only one Rifleman with
the M15/M203 kit.

47. Slow Mo Mode : Complete M07 River in Recon on Elite using only one Rifleman with
M16/M203 kit.

48. MegaNoggin Cheat : Complete M01 Caves in Firefight on Elite, using only one demolitions
expert with the M4 and M136 kit.

49. Paper Mode Cheat : Complete M15 Red Square in Recon on Elite using only a sniper with the
M24 and frags kit.

50. Helium Mode Cheat : Complete M13 Airbase in Firefight on Elite with a full team, and not
losing a soldier.

Dave Falasco

Screenwriter
Chicken mode--all grenades turn into chickens when you throw them, cluck for a while, and then explode.

Slow Mo mode--just as it sounds, everything happens v-e-r-y s-l-o-w-l-y...kind of like bullet time in the Max Payne game.

MegaNoggin mode--as you said, everyone gets comically huge heads

Paper Mode--everything looks the same when viewed from straight on, but from the side everything is paper thin (people, bushes, etc)

Helium mode--um, I forget what this one does. I actually never used it.

To activate any of these cheats, hit I think the back button (or maybe the black button) during gameplay and a cheat code sequence screen will pop up telling you how to activate any of the cheats you have unlocked. Then just hit the appropriate keys (A,A,B,Y,X,Y,X, etc.) to activate the cheat. Enter it again to turn it off. They work both for single player and online, but you'll probably spend 5 minutes playing around with them and then get bored. Still, chicken mode can be funny if people aren't expecting it. :)

Ritchie T

Agent
thanks yall, damn, i spent a whole day to get the helium, and thats all it is....ima have to get that slo mo and that chicken mode sounds funny.

Jason Merrick

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason Merrick
Complete M01 Caves in Firefight on Elite, using only one demolitions expert with the M4 and M136 kit
This was the challenge I finally gave up on. I have (I think!) 45/50 complete or so, but I just couldn't beat this level with this character... Any hints from someone who has?

By the way, I moved on to Splinter Cell, so I may have given up a little easy knowing what was waiting for me... but now that I'm done with Splinter Cell I don't have anything that just forces me to sit down and play. I have yet to get interested in Metal Gear or Timesplitters, but those are sitting there virtually unplayed, so I may resort to them eventually.

DustinDavis

Stunt Coordinator
Any hints from someone who has?
Save early and often.

Actually the ones I had the most trouble with are the recon missions, where you cannot lose a soldier, and especially the ones that require a high hit ratio. What I did for those is build a team full of snipers, and then I would be Lindy Cohen with the OICW and lead the team. The snipers have high hit ratios, but are not all created equal. So if I made it through the mission and the hit ratio was not good, I'd dump the least skilled sniper and then go it again. On one or two of the missions I ended up having to go through with just me as Astra Galinsky, and then Scott Ibrahim at my side, just to make it through with a high enough ratio. Oh one other thing, don't use Suppress when you need a high ratio, use Recon to get on position and then turn on Assault. Otherwise all the bullets flying will drop your ratio.

Chris_Young

Auditioning
Complete M01 Caves in Firefight on Elite, using only one demolitions expert with the M4 and M136 kit

This was the toughest one for me.

The key is keeping your distance. The M4 is very accurate on single fire mode and you can snipe off the enemy. The way to keep distance is stay on the edge of the gameplay area. The enemy is rarely right on the edge. Also, the enemy cannot sneak up behind you.

When you are confronted by are a large group of soldiers, take them out with the M136. You can easily kill six or more at a time.

And of course, save often.

Jason Merrick

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason Merrick
It's funny you say that, the Recon missions were the easiest ones for me. If it didn't say anything about a full team, then I just went alone as a sniper, and in most cases stuck to the outskirts of the level. I hardly ever fired a shot on those levels.

As far as the M01 Caves with only 1 demolitions expert, I have tried it about 10 times, and each time I save every time I get a little further, but I still haven't found a good place to setup and start taking people out. There are so many crawling around that if I just arbitrarily start shooting as soon as I see someone, then others sneak up on me before I am done with the first group.

Dave Falasco

Screenwriter
Yeah, just to echo what Jason said, on those recon missions where you have to maintain a hit percentage I just took a sniper with maxed stealth points and crept along from shrub to shrub until I could run into the extraction zone. I never fired a shot on any of them. As far as the game is concerned, zero hits on zero shots is a 100% hit rate...

I don't remember struggling on the Caves one, but that M4 is actually a pretty decent gun. I was using it last night in multiplayer for the first time and I was impressed. I'll run through the caves again to see if I can come up with any tips.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks