What's new

Help with DVD Player (1 Viewer)

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
First off let me say I hope I am posting this to the right forum... not sure as I didn't see a DVD troubleshooting forum.

I have a Panasonic 5 dvd changer which I have enjoyed very much for about the last year. Today I was in the middle of watching one of my favorite dvds and it started to pause for a breif second come back pause again.

The first thing I thought of is there is a finger print on my dvd. So I took it out, cleaned it and when I put it back into the player it wouldn't even load. Telling me that it was not a playable disc to put in a playable disc. so I thought maybe I smeared it while cleaning it. so took it out... seen no smears.. so I tried it in my livingroom DVD Player. it played perfectly. so I tried another dvd in my 5 disc changer and it said the same thing... I must of tried 3 or 4 diffrent discs including one I just watched yesterday with no prob and they all said the same thing.

Does anyone here know what may be wrong with my player? Any and all help is greatly appriciated!

Thanks in advance,
Pete

HowardGjr

Stunt Coordinator
Pete,

My SACD changer exhibited the similar behavior. Fortunatly, it was under warranty repair. They ended up replacing the optic (laser) module and it now works fine.

If the humidity has gone up or you moved it to a cooler place, it may just have a condensation problem. If that is the case, it should magically work the next time you use it.

Good luck and Take Care.
Howard

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
Thanks Howard...
it hasn't been moved or anything for humidity to be a problem. So I guess I will have to look into getting it fixed... hopefully it won't be to expensive as I am sure the warranty has expired on it.

Pete

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks