Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Pioneer 45A Combing Issue?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   Brian L

Brian L

Screenwriter

• 2,882 posts

Posted April 23 2003 - 03:23 AM

I just started a thread over in Home Theater Software http://www.hometheat....94#post1499494 pertaining to an issue with the 45A.

Since it may be disc specific, I thought I would post it there, rather than here. However, I know there are a lot of 45a users here, so if you might take a look at the thread, I would appreciate your feedback.

Thanks,

Brian

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   BobJ

BobJ

Stunt Coordinator

• 178 posts

Posted April 24 2003 - 04:01 PM

This is a problem with some material on players that don't use the Faroujda chip (the Pioneer does not).

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   Brian L

Brian L

Screenwriter

• 2,882 posts

Posted April 25 2003 - 02:52 AM

Thanks Bob.

I am anxious to hear from someone that has a DCDi equipped player and tests this particular title.

I have no doubts that the 45A is lacking in how it handles this sort of disc, but I have about 200 DVDs in the collection, and this is the first time I have ever seen combing on this player. If its happening on other titles its pretty subtle.

With this title, its a fork in the eye, so to speak. Leads me to think that the authoring on this disc is FUBAR, and everyone may have grief with it.

Regards,

BGL