Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

CD Changer & VCR Help needed

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
No replies to this topic

#1 of 1 OFFLINE   Jack_Geo

Jack_Geo

Stunt Coordinator

• 59 posts

Posted April 23 2003 - 01:35 AM

Hi all...

My dad's fairly dated Marantz 5-disc CD changer stopped working yesterday, and his old RCA VCR has been on the fritz for a couple of months now.

I'm not too familiar with what's on the market in terms of CD changers and VCR's these days, other than to know that I'm sure he can pick them up for not a lot of money.

Basically, I'm asking for advice for a new 5-disc CD changer...that may or may not play DVD's. He's going to be getting a new RPTV in the near future, so he'll be needing a DVD player at that point, anyway. So, what's out there that I should be looking at...either a dedicated CD changer or a DVD changer that plays CD's.

Also, he has a bunch of VHS tapes he likes to play, and he needs a new VCR...nothing fancy, just something that will be easy to use.

For reference, he's got a Marantz 5300 receiver and B&W 602 speakers all around.

I'd like to stay around $100 for the VCR and less than $300 for the changer.

Thanks!

Jack