What's new

Channel Level Setting how to (1 Viewer)

Don

Second Unit
Properly/safely set it right now i have my receiver set at 3 + dbs is this safe or good to do plus how high should the volume on the tv should it be before you turn the speakers off. also what db level on the receivers knob do you have it set at before you calibrate it. can anyone please answer or help. Don,

Don

Second Unit
Mike is there anything more shorter to read and easier to understand. for a Beginner Don,

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Sorry, that's about as basic as they come. The link above takes you to step by step instructions for calibrating your volume levels.

M.

Phil Iturralde

Screenwriter
Read my process using Video Essentials DVD @ 75 dB (September 1999).

If you don't have a Calibration DVD, use your AV Receiver's Internal Test Tones @ 75 dB.

NOTE: Because my website is 'FREE', hosted by GeoCities, if too many HT enthusiasts visit, GeoCities will shut it down for an hour or so because it exceeded the specified 'freebie' Data Transfer Rate. Sorry about that, just bookmark it and visit my site an hour later or when everyone has gone to bed!

Phil

Don

Second Unit
Phil thanks i'll try it at what angle do i hold the spl meter for the surrounds as well. Don, P.S. Mike thanks for your help to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks