What's new

DeepDiscount etc - Who has near to release date delivery? (1 Viewer)

Kevin_M_M

Stunt Coordinator
I was an avid DeepDiscount purchaser about 6 months ago. Then I found my packages would come later and later until the average delivery came a week and a half to two weeks after its release date.

There was a time when they got it to me prompter.

Have they improved? Are people who use them satisfied? Can anyone recommend any other online stores that are good with near to release date delivery?

As a sidebar, I was doing fine with my B&M BestBuy until they twice now haven't stocked DVDs I was there to purchase (Assault on precinct 13 and Mad About You Season 2).

Anyway, anyone have some thoughts?

DeborahK

Supporting Actor
If you use the free, media mail option with DDD, I think it is hit or miss if you will get disks by release date. But this is not necessarily their fault. I got the ANGEL Season 1 set on release date, and it was mailed 8 days earlier. This week I am waiting for In the Shadow of Motown, which was also mailed 8 days ago, but did not show up on release date (yesterday). I think DDD is doing it's part on the shipping, but USPS has discretion as to how quickly they are going to get these things to you when they are mailed at the lower rates. The only time I had a disk from DDD take more than 7-10 days to get to me was a few years ago when I ordered Killer Klowns from Outer Space. That disk took about 22 days for some reason. Again, I think it was USPS and not DDD's fault.

For what it's worth,

Deborah

Jeff Gross

Second Unit
We recently ordered Spirited Away and received it 1 week after release with the free delivery option.

DeborahK

Supporting Actor
I guess the real question is how quickly DDD is shipping them to you. If they ship them out to you one week before release date and you don't get the disks until one week after release date, I would guess it is a problem with the US Mail and/or your local postperson. If they are not shipping them until release day and you are getting them a week later, that is a problem on DDD's end. I have found that as long as I order well in advance of the release date, I will usually get my disks on or very close to that date. But I have to say that I moved recently and at my old address it seemed to take longer to get the disks. So, you local Post Office could be to blame -- they may leave the 4th class mail lying around untl they feel like delivering it.

Deborah

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kisanwiki
Recent bookmarks