What's new

Star Trek Nemesis single or 2-disc? (1 Viewer)

Dave Molinarolo

Stunt Coordinator
I haven't seen anything on this lately. But is the Nemeis release a 2-disc SE like the current CEs or is it a single disc. The side-on views of the case look wide to me. IMO it would be dumb for Paramount to issue Nemesis in anything other than a 2-disc double case now. It just wouldn't look right next to the CE of the other Treks if it were a slim single case.

Scott D S

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott Saslow
It is a 1-disc. It's got some good features on it (commentary, photo gallery, 4 featurettes, 20 minutes of deleted scenes, no trailer-AARGH) but, IMHO, they probably will reissue it at some point down the road.

Britton

Screenwriter
I believe Best Buy and Musicland stores are going to include a bonus CD-ROM with the movie like they did with the TNG and DS9 sets.

Rob Gardiner

Senior HTF Member
I think the NEMESIS trailer is on one of the TNG box sets, season 5 perhaps? Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Neil S. Bulk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil S. Bulk
The teaser is also on the "Special Collector's Edition" of Star Trek III - The Search for Spock.

Neil

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
I wish they would not leave the trailers off. If there's one extra I always want... it's the trailer! ST:Generations is also missing the Trailer! How'm I ever supposed to make my DVD colection of ST Movie trailers. Um... Oh yeah, I don't have a DVD burner.

Bryan Tuck

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bryan Tuck
I thought the original specs said that the trailers would be included. I really liked the final trailer for Nemesis.

This trend is really starting to annoy me :angry: Is there any way we can get a message to the studios about this? If it's a music licensing problem, we are at the point now where they can go ahead and take care of that when they originally license the music to begin with. It shouldn't be an issue.

Dave Molinarolo

Stunt Coordinator
I'm still puzzled on why Paramount would not go ahead and make this the 2-disc CE version to go along with their current line of CEs. I doesn't make sense, because as you all should know, that once an CE comes out, the older bare-bones disc goes out of print.

DanHaya

Second Unit
Dave, it makes perfect sense. The folks at Paramount know that we'll all gobble up the 1-disc version now and the 2-disc SE down the road, so they end up selling more units that way and making more money. Rest assured, they'll get around to releasing a SE in sequence (perhaps in 2005).

I agree that they should've just produced the SE now, but I'm sure that it was a business decision on the part of Paramount...they know that we're stupid enough to buy them both! lol

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
I'm leery of getting this DVD. While I like Star Trek and will probably get all the movies on DVD, I did not start buying Star Trek movie DVD's until the new Paramount Director's Cut/Special Editions, so, right now I have 1 through 4, only.

If Nemesis is going to be re-released in a couple years, in line with these other re-releases, I don't want to get this one now. Does anyone have any definitive info on this?

I think I can wait another 2 -3 years to see this again, if they decide they are doing 2 different releases.

Matt Naglieri

Second Unit
Just got this and it is a pretty decent disc.

There are a few documentaries and deleted scenes but NO TRAILERS !!! (except one for DS9 and The Hours) Don't know what paramount was thinking there.

However the last deleted scene is worth the cost of the disc.

Picard gets a new captains chair with a seatbelt

Dave Molinarolo

Stunt Coordinator
I'm leery of getting this DVD. While I like Star Trek and will probably get all the movies on DVD, I did not start buying Star Trek movie DVD's until the new Paramount Director's Cut/Special Editions, so, right now I have 1 through 4, only.
Same here. Fortunately I got into DVD after TMP-DE was already out and I heard the "rumors" that Paramount was going to do SEs of all the films, so I haven't purchased any of the bare-bones discs. I'm a patient man. I can wait until they're all out in a SE.

John Alderson

Supporting Actor
Personally, I'd rather have this edition for the next 2+ years (or whatever it takes) until an SE comes out. That's well worth the $15-20 I'll pay when it comes out.

Besides, I bought all the others twice (except TMP, natch)... why should Nemesis be special? :)

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
Dave, it makes perfect sense. The folks at Paramount know that we'll all gobble up the 1-disc version now and the 2-disc SE down the road, so they end up selling more units that way and making more money
I'll wait for the 2 disc SE. We need to make the Studios understand that many of us will not support this sort of thing.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
As Jeff said, I'll wait for that reason. I mean Paramount knows how they are releasing the definitive versions of the Star Trek movies, Nemesis is the first new one since they started this endeavor, why not do it right the first time.

The other reason I can wait is, hey, Nemesis was not the greatest Star Trek movie of all time. I saw it in the theater. By the time the proper DVD comes out, I'll be ready to see it again.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks