What's new

Sony HD 200 conectivity ? with triple LNB dish (1 Viewer)

baja

Agent
I was reading some consumer reviews about the sony HD 200 and came across this:

"the sony unit is excellent. Caution for those of you using a multi-switch setup. It took me two weeks and 2 dozen phone calls to direct TV and sony... finally TERK the dish
manufacturer figured it out! The Terk 3LMB oval dish requires a direct line into the sony unit. those of you with a previous multi-switch setup(to multiple TV's in the house) must add a 3rd cable out to the dish. The TERK dish has a signal combiner and multi-switch built in the LMB unit head, and will not pass the signal from satellites B and C unless a dedicated line to the sony unit. Wish I had known this at the start"

Have any of you run into this? It was of concern to me since I want to run 4 recievers (not all HD) off this dish. Does anyone know if this is also so with the Zenith HD520.

David_Wh

Stunt Coordinator
Baja,

If you have one of the newer DirecTV dishes with the multiswitch built into the head then you shouldnt have any concerns. You can bring 4 lines off the dish to your other receivers just fine.
Sounds like the other person was getting confused with one of the older directv Dishes.
Remember, anything that applies for the HD200 will also apply for the 520 as they are the exact same internal they just have different packaging.

Hope this helps.

DWhite

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
It was of concern to me since I want to run 4 recievers (not all HD) off this dish
If any of the four are dual tuner models like the DirecTivo, then you will need to add a mutli-switch to the mix. There are two ways to do it:
1. Cheaper - Take two of the outputs from your dish and run into a 3x4 switch. The four outputs from the switch will only see the core DirecTV programming. The other two outputs from the dish go directly to the receivers. These two receiver will be able to view channels on all three satellites.
2. Get a cascadable multi-switch from Terk, Eagle Aspen or Spaun (expensive) and run the four outputs from the dish into it. Up to eight receivers will be able to view channels on all three satellites.

More than eight will get complicated but it is possible.

-Robert

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation233
Recent bookmarks