Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Disney / Buena Vista's "Deceived", OAR or not?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 Jeff_HR

Jeff_HR

Producer

• 3,596 posts

Posted April 22 2003 - 05:33 AM

Does anyone have any info on whether this release due in October 2003, will be in the OAR or if it will be a Fullscreen release?
Cogito, Ergo Sum
My DVD Library / The BLOOD is the Life!
Pioneer Elite PRO PDP-111FD - 2/28/2009

#2 of 3 Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

Lead Actor

• 7,034 posts
  • LocationNorth Hollywood, CA

Posted April 22 2003 - 05:51 AM

i doubt anyone does. I wouldn't expect to have that info for a BV catalog release until the month of its release....

"And now the reprimand, from an American critic. He reproaches me for using film as a sacred & lasting medium, like a painting or a book. He does not believe that filmmaking is an inferior art, but he believes, and quite rightly, that a reel goes quickly, that the public are looking above all for relaxation, that film is fragile and that it is pretentious to express the power of one's soul by such ephemeral and delicate means, that Charlie Chaplin's or Buster Keaton's first films can only be seen on very rare and badly spoiled prints. I add that the cinema is making daily progress and that eventually films that we consider marvelous today will soon be forgotten because of new dimensions & colour. This is true. But for 4 weeks this film [The Blood of a Poet] has been shown to audiences that have been so attentive, so eager & so warm, that I wonder after all there is not an anonymous public who are looking for more than relaxation in the cinema." - Jean Cocteau, 1932

#3 of 3 JohnS

JohnS

Producer

• 4,432 posts

Posted April 22 2003 - 06:00 AM

B.V. Catalog titles that eventually make it to DVD is basically playing russian roulette, to decided if it's going to be 16x9 or not.

all-banner.jpg