What's new

Should I upgrade from my Onkyo 575x ? (1 Viewer)

anthony_b

Screenwriter
I've had my Onkyo 575x for a couple of years now and it performs like a champ. It's build quality is like a tank (something new receivers are getting away from)and it has most of the bells and whistles (dts/dd/5.1 inputs). Is there anything out there to get excited about for less than $400 or should I stay with my Onkyo ?...Your comments are appreciated

ChristopherBer

Stunt Coordinator
If you are going to spend less than $400, I would recommend you just keep your reciever. The Onkyo 575x is one of the better Onkyo recievers, even better than the current line they have. If you are going to spend around $700 I would think it will be worth the upgrade but not $400.

Vincent_S

Second Unit
I had in Onkyo 575 and loved it. I upgraded to 7.1 so it had to go. If you are not going to go 6.1 or 7.1 then keep it. It's probably just as good or better than anything out there for the same amount of $$ right now IMO. I miss mine sometimes:frowning:

anthony_b

Screenwriter
I was thinking the same things you guys noted. I'll keep it until I purchase a NAD or Rotel amp down the road. I almost pulled the trigger on a Sony 2ES for $500 but I didn't think the sound of the Sony was an improvement over my Onkyo.

anthony_b

Screenwriter
The ONKYO 575x I would say is a "classic". Well built,performs very well with music and movies :emoji_thumbsup:

JohnSer

Stunt Coordinator
I replaced a 575X with H/K 520, which is just outside of your budget. Improvement was mainly in music listening. Kept the 575X for spare room/bedroom duties. Still a good unit.

JohnS

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.