Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Convergence drift and Picture distortion

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
No replies to this topic

#1 of 1 OFFLINE   ScottBrooks

ScottBrooks

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted April 22 2003 - 02:16 AM

Hey everyone! This is my 1st post here and I'm hoping someone can help me with a serious problem I have.

I've got a RCA 60" 4:3 rear projection TV that is probably close to 8-10 years old. It's saving grace is it's single S-Video input. Posted Image

Anyway, it's got what I've heard called "convergence drift". The blue and red convergence lines keep drifting off center and it's really annoying to have to fix with the remote everyday. Can anyone give me some insight on this and what can be done to fix it?

Also, now my TV's picture is slightly distorted. For example, on Fox News channel at the bottom of the screen they have a news ticker that runs from the right to the left of the screen. On my TV it runs from the right to the left but when it reaches the left it curves downwards like it's going down a hill. This starts to happen probably 4-5 inches from the end of the TV. The upper left hand corner of the picture is also stretched somewhat and is pulled and is distorting it.

Yes I know my TV is old but I don't have the money to get a new one right now. So this leads me to my questions....

1. Is it possible for this to be fixed for a relatively decent price?

2. Could my TV be repaired with new parts and be restored to "like new" quality again?

3. Is this something that a local repair person could fix "in-house? Getting my 60" TV in and out of my house is a pain and would result in more scratches on the back of it.

Thank you to anyone that could provide any advice!
Scott Brooks