• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   MikeWh

MikeWh

Second Unit

• 407 posts

Posted April 22 2003 - 02:16 AM

Thought this might be useful info here--

I just saw a commercial for Krylon's new Fusion paint--"bonds to plastic; no priming necessary."
If you've ever tried painting plastics, you'll probably appreciate this....

http://www.krylon.co.....asp?sgID=GP07

I haven't used the stuff, but I will definitely be testing it out soon. I've got some wall plates in my HT that I couldn't get in a specific color.

Anyone use it yet??

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   Keith M.

Keith M.

Second Unit

• 489 posts

Posted April 22 2003 - 03:56 AM

I simply used flat black spray paint and it worked well. Looks like I bought em black...Posted Image

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   Jay Mitchosky

Jay Mitchosky

Producer

• 3,740 posts

Posted April 22 2003 - 09:00 AM

Quote:
I've got some wall plates in my HT that I couldn't get in a specific color.
That's a frickin' great idea! Posted Image I never even considered that. I too saw that commercial and flipped out at how cool the product looked. Although the first thing my wife and I thought of is what color we could paint our old weather beaten patio furniture to squeeze out one more season. I'll definitely need to keep that in mind for wall plates. What I couldn't figure out from the website is what colors are available. They say '16' but don't specify which in their color pallette.
"The computer had attained consciousness, only to reject it, claiming it was too unstable an operating system."

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   MikeWh

MikeWh

Second Unit

• 407 posts

Posted April 22 2003 - 12:54 PM

Quote:
That's a frickin' great idea! Posted ImageI never even considered that.

ha! I've been known for a few good ideas now and then! Posted Image

My problem is that I've got 3 different colors of plates: black, gray, and white. The white ones have got to go. They are all for different dimmers, and at the time I ordered them, I didn't know I could get them in other colors. Actually one set is for Lutron Spacers. To get a pair, they only came in white. Different colors if bought separately (and a lot more $$$). D'OH!

The manufacturers of these dimmers say that you should not paint the switches (because of potential electrical problems). The Spacers are VERY difficult to disassemble, so I just covered one of the switches with speaker cloth! Makes it a lot less noticeable.

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   ksc

ksc

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted April 12 2013 - 12:44 AM

I haven't used it. Maybe you'll like the Walkera. :)

Edited by ksc, April 12 2013 - 12:45 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Forum Nav Content I Follow