Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

any Denon AVR-3200 Owners out there

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 of 7 OFFLINE   Don

Don

Second Unit

• 376 posts

Posted April 22 2003 - 01:14 AM

i need to know how to record off this using a vcr. i tryed recording the other night and the whole thing came out blank. Don,

#2 of 7 OFFLINE   jeff glowinski

jeff glowinski

Auditioning

• 9 posts

Posted April 22 2003 - 02:03 AM

I connect my VCR directly to the TV. Only the audio out on the VCR is connected to my Denon 3200 receiver.

#3 of 7 OFFLINE   Don

Don

Second Unit

• 376 posts

Posted April 23 2003 - 01:17 AM

but what about the video and what do you do when you want to record something do you set the vcr on or what. Don,

#4 of 7 OFFLINE   jeff glowinski

jeff glowinski

Auditioning

• 9 posts

Posted April 24 2003 - 01:09 AM

I do all my recording directly from my Sat dish into my VCR. The receiver plays no part. When I watch a tape on the VCR, the audio out plays through my receiver.

#5 of 7 OFFLINE   Don

Don

Second Unit

• 376 posts

Posted May 02 2003 - 01:14 AM

ok how do i hook it up then. Don,

#6 of 7 OFFLINE   Prathavan V

Prathavan V

Stunt Coordinator

• 128 posts

Posted May 02 2003 - 03:14 AM

I used to have a Denon 3200. While I had the S-video going direct to the TV, I also used the composite video through the receiver for video switching. I don't really recall how this works, but I seem to remember something on the onscreen menus which allow you to select the video and audio sources seperately for recording. I think you have to set your "rec video source" and your "rec audio source" and then it will output those paths direct to your recordable outputs (video 1 and video 2). Hope that helps. PS - I never actually recorded anything that way, I always went direct via the S-video cables, but when I first hooked up without composites and all through the receiver, that's how it was done.
Pro V

#7 of 7 OFFLINE   Don

Don

Second Unit

• 376 posts

Posted May 03 2003 - 05:54 AM

Pratavan thanks for the tip i tryed my rec out today found it on the setup area. couldn't get it to work though anyone know how to set it up evreytime i hit the rec out it goes on the display screen for a few seconds then disappears on me. Don,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users