-

Photo
- - - - -

24: Season 2 - Hour 20 - 4/22/03

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
55 replies to this topic

#1 of 56 OFFLINE   Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 37,785 posts

Posted April 22 2003 - 12:47 AM

3 a.m. to 4 a.m.

It's Tuesday, and I have no idea where Kim is.

Jack's all tied up and hurting in a major way.

Lynn's locked up on the 5th floor.

Tony and Michelle are sitting idly by waiting for the chip.

Yussef and Kate are getting the crap kicked out of them by reactionary rednecks.

Palmer's being set up for a coup led by the VP/et al.
"Jee-sus, it's like Iwo Jima out there" - Roger Sterling on "Mad Men"
Patcave | 2006 Films | 2007 Films | Flickr | Comic-Con 2012 | Dragon*Con 2012

#2 of 56 OFFLINE   Jim DiJoseph

Jim DiJoseph

Second Unit

• 271 posts

Posted April 22 2003 - 01:27 AM

Just to start the day off right, check this article out at MSNBC.com. Great commentary concerning the whole "Kim escapade." Very interesting read. Posted Image

Run, Kim, Run!
Remember...no matter where you go, there you are.

#3 of 56 OFFLINE   Jordan_E

Jordan_E

Screenwriter

• 2,233 posts

Posted April 22 2003 - 01:36 AM

No matter how much I enjoyed the last episode, it seems like 24 is stumbling a bit toward the end of the season. Unless some MAJOR events occur, this season just seemed to limp along after the bomb went off, and at episode 20, I'm wondering what can happen to really get people to say "Bring on season 3!"
And you believe, at heart, everyone's a killer...

#4 of 56 OFFLINE   John Watson

John Watson

Screenwriter

• 1,937 posts

Posted April 22 2003 - 06:44 AM

What with the previous week's tribute to CLERKs, and last week's stupid brother-in-law wandering into this top secret CTU installation, combined with the 20,000 casualties, the identification of Yussuf as a Towelhead from outside the SUV on a dark street, the chip that must have been fried by the electroshock has probably fallen into a storm drain by now, and the boring redundantly extended torture of Jack, etc, etc usw, this show has lost the big edge it had over the silliness of ALIAS.

(As one reviewer put it, reacting to the torturer's words to Jack, every man has his breaking point, and the script writers have reached his.)

Unless the plot tightens up considerably, we're not buying season 2 on DVD.

#5 of 56 OFFLINE   PhilipG

PhilipG

Screenwriter

• 2,003 posts

Posted April 22 2003 - 11:23 AM

Holy cow - great episode! Posted Image

(and coincidentally, again it's Kim-free!)

#6 of 56 OFFLINE   Trenton McNeil

Trenton McNeil

Second Unit

• 263 posts

Posted April 22 2003 - 12:02 PM

Spoiler tags, please...its not 9pm yet here.

#7 of 56 OFFLINE   Chucky P

Chucky P

Supporting Actor

• 765 posts
  • LocationMound, MN

Posted April 22 2003 - 01:26 PM

WOW! Jack Bauer back in kill mode!

#8 of 56 OFFLINE   Michael Mathius

Michael Mathius

Supporting Actor

• 662 posts

Posted April 22 2003 - 01:58 PM

OK I'll come up for some air now.Posted Image
Don't make me angry. You won't like me when I'm angry.

THE LOFT

#9 of 56 OFFLINE   Joel C

Joel C

Screenwriter

• 1,635 posts

Posted April 22 2003 - 02:02 PM

It had some problems, but I liked it a lot. Nothing as bad as last week's ridiculous Arab-bashing.

What's His Name dying right after telling Jack where Cate went was dumb. Lynne was a shocker, and I'll miss her for the rest of the season (assuming she stays in the hospital) and I hope she returns for year three.

Loved Jack in killer mode. He plugged four people in this installment... what's the Jack death toll for the season? At least 15.
Joel
woemcats@hotmail.com
"Why I laugh?"

#10 of 56 OFFLINE   Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley

Lead Actor

• 8,149 posts

Posted April 22 2003 - 02:19 PM

I noticed that Kate pulled a Kim with those 3 guys. I guess that guarantees her as Jack's love interest.

#11 of 56 OFFLINE   WillG

WillG

Producer

• 5,219 posts

Posted April 22 2003 - 02:27 PM

Good Episode!

But I wonder how come it took Kate and The Rednecks so long to get to her house and Jack got there so quickly. I guess since he is in CTU he can drive really fast. But I have to admit, It was pretty tense in the first couple of mins, even thought you were pretty sure Jack was going to be revived.

Did anyone else notice the torturer said to Jack the same thing Jack said to Syed Ali "The only way you are going to die is if I kill you"
STOP HIM! He's supposed to die!

#12 of 56 OFFLINE   Tom Rags

Tom Rags

Supporting Actor

• 576 posts

Posted April 22 2003 - 02:46 PM

Great episode...God, I love this show. Some people just need to learn to suspend their disbelief and enjoy the ride. One can make a reasonable explanation for all of the complaints of inaccuracies and unlikihoods. If it's that bad to you, just stop watching. Jack Bauer is, thankfully, not holding a gun to your head.

Tonight's episode was great. I try to make it a point to avoid the previews, but I haven't been able to resist. The preview for the "final 4 episodes" was fantastic. There were no real spoilers, and it got me more pumped than ever to see the rest of the season.

Anyone else think that this season is going to end without complete resolve? Since they were able to secure season 3 months ago, I am 99% positive that they will be leaving us on a real cliffhanger.

#13 of 56 OFFLINE   WillG

WillG

Producer

• 5,219 posts

Posted April 22 2003 - 02:48 PM

I hope not. I mean, a few loose ends would be okay, but I hope the main story does get "Resolved" somehow and won't have to wait all summer for the outcome
STOP HIM! He's supposed to die!

#14 of 56 OFFLINE   Will_B

Will_B

Producer

• 4,733 posts

Posted April 22 2003 - 03:38 PM

This was the best episode since the original "bowling bag" episode. THIS episode tonight was great.

Maybe what 24 is about is the MacGuyver thing - how would an ordinary person respond to unusual threatening situations when they're just pawns in a larger game. That was what was gripping about season one, and what has provided the best parts of season two thanks to Kate.

Kim's plots didn't work because she wasn't a pawn in a larger game. Even if she did the right thing, nothing would turn on her actions in a big way.

But Lynn and Kate were right in it, and their parts tonight were totally engaging. Jack too, finally kicking a.

What a shame the series up till now has been so, so weak.

And about the preview for next week (if anyone watched), I was shocked to see that indeed, it may be
the mountain lion.

Maybe someone could edit out or massively condense everything that went on inbetween the bowling ball bag and tonight and turn the season into like a four hour tv-movie.
"Scientists are saying the future is going to be far more futuristic than they originally predicted." -Krysta Now

#15 of 56 OFFLINE   Steve_Tk

Steve_Tk

Screenwriter

• 2,833 posts

Posted April 22 2003 - 03:46 PM

what a fun episode.

I was pissed when Lynne was pointing at him and he grabbed her hand. Hopefully Jack will "kill mode" him too.

If the rest of the season is like tonight then I think I can forgive the lion and Kim.

#16 of 56 OFFLINE   Tom Rags

Tom Rags

Supporting Actor

• 576 posts

Posted April 22 2003 - 03:56 PM

Posted Image Will_B, that spoiler is fantastic. By all accounts, that could very well be true Posted Image

Without 24 and "Scrubs" every week, my life would be so incomplete Posted Image

#17 of 56 OFFLINE   Craig S

Craig S

Producer

• 5,511 posts
  • LocationLeague City, Texas

Posted April 22 2003 - 04:01 PM

Great episode. The tension is back. And so is Jack, kicking ass and not bothering to take names! It's the Jack Bauer Power Hour - turning rednecks into deadnecks! Posted Image

Posted Image to Tony, who finally showed some major cojones tonight dealing with whats-her-name and Chapelle.

Posted Image Posted Image to Lynne, who showed smarts & grit in her attempted escape. Her only mistake was in not flaming her guard with that torch.

It should be a great final four hours!

Three truths about movies, as noted by Roger Ebert:

* It's not what a movie is about, it's how it is about it.

* No good movie is too long, and no bad movie is short enough.

* No good movie is depressing, all bad movies are depressing.

#18 of 56 OFFLINE   Jordan_E

Jordan_E

Screenwriter

• 2,233 posts

Posted April 22 2003 - 04:57 PM

All I ask of 24 is to have Jack kick some freaking ass and he did that tonight!Posted Image Posted Image
And you believe, at heart, everyone's a killer...

#19 of 56 OFFLINE   Thomas H G

Thomas H G

Screenwriter

• 1,034 posts

Posted April 22 2003 - 05:11 PM

Quote:
Without 24 and "Scrubs" every week, my life would be so incomplete
Damn Straight! But now with Scrubs over for the season, I'm gonna only be half complete.

Enjoyed the episode greatly.

I thought for sure Lynne was dead. She's a crafty one. Then she pointed out Mike and the bastard played it off. It looked to me that near the end, he's having a battle with his conscience. Hopefully he chooses right, otherwise I hope he gets the Bauer treatment.

I'm starting to have Kim withdrawls.

Jack sure regained his energy from having the crap beat outta him for about an hour. He's a badass.

Palmer's starting to piece it together. Pick up the pace Mr. President. The VP looks like he might have some trouble getting the cabinet's majority.

What else....

Oh yea. Finally a Tony with some jeuvos. Love the way he called out Carrie's bluff.

I'm kidding about the Kim withdrawls.
(sorta)
My Collection at DVD Aficiando

boogieman187 on XBL

#20 of 56 OFFLINE   Jehan

Jehan

Supporting Actor

• 553 posts

Posted April 22 2003 - 05:15 PM

Judging by the preview, does anyone think

the chip doesn't make it through the current situation?

All in all it was good stuff tonight, I think if you stop to think about all the little things that seem silly you could find a bunch but overall it's good hearty entertainment Posted Image. Can't wait for the conclusion.

From the preview

You won't believe who's behind it all line was interesting.. Nina anyone?

Home Theater • 2004 Film List • 2003 Film List • 2002 Film List • 2001 Film List