What's new

24: Season 2 - Hour 20 - 4/22/03 (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
3 a.m. to 4 a.m.

It's Tuesday, and I have no idea where Kim is.

Jack's all tied up and hurting in a major way.

Lynn's locked up on the 5th floor.

Tony and Michelle are sitting idly by waiting for the chip.

Yussef and Kate are getting the crap kicked out of them by reactionary rednecks.

Palmer's being set up for a coup led by the VP/et al.

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
No matter how much I enjoyed the last episode, it seems like 24 is stumbling a bit toward the end of the season. Unless some MAJOR events occur, this season just seemed to limp along after the bomb went off, and at episode 20, I'm wondering what can happen to really get people to say "Bring on season 3!"

John Watson

Screenwriter
What with the previous week's tribute to CLERKs, and last week's stupid brother-in-law wandering into this top secret CTU installation, combined with the 20,000 casualties, the identification of Yussuf as a Towelhead from outside the SUV on a dark street, the chip that must have been fried by the electroshock has probably fallen into a storm drain by now, and the boring redundantly extended torture of Jack, etc, etc usw, this show has lost the big edge it had over the silliness of ALIAS.

(As one reviewer put it, reacting to the torturer's words to Jack, every man has his breaking point, and the script writers have reached his.)

Unless the plot tightens up considerably, we're not buying season 2 on DVD.

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG
Holy cow - great episode! :emoji_thumbsup:

(and coincidentally, again it's Kim-free!)

Joel C

Screenwriter
It had some problems, but I liked it a lot. Nothing as bad as last week's ridiculous Arab-bashing.

What's His Name dying right after telling Jack where Cate went was dumb. Lynne was a shocker, and I'll miss her for the rest of the season (assuming she stays in the hospital) and I hope she returns for year three.

Loved Jack in killer mode. He plugged four people in this installment... what's the Jack death toll for the season? At least 15.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Good Episode!

But I wonder how come it took Kate and The Rednecks so long to get to her house and Jack got there so quickly. I guess since he is in CTU he can drive really fast. But I have to admit, It was pretty tense in the first couple of mins, even thought you were pretty sure Jack was going to be revived.

Did anyone else notice the torturer said to Jack the same thing Jack said to Syed Ali "The only way you are going to die is if I kill you"

Tom Rags

Supporting Actor
Great episode...God, I love this show. Some people just need to learn to suspend their disbelief and enjoy the ride. One can make a reasonable explanation for all of the complaints of inaccuracies and unlikihoods. If it's that bad to you, just stop watching. Jack Bauer is, thankfully, not holding a gun to your head.

Tonight's episode was great. I try to make it a point to avoid the previews, but I haven't been able to resist. The preview for the "final 4 episodes" was fantastic. There were no real spoilers, and it got me more pumped than ever to see the rest of the season.

Anyone else think that this season is going to end without complete resolve? Since they were able to secure season 3 months ago, I am 99% positive that they will be leaving us on a real cliffhanger.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
I hope not. I mean, a few loose ends would be okay, but I hope the main story does get "Resolved" somehow and won't have to wait all summer for the outcome

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
This was the best episode since the original "bowling bag" episode. THIS episode tonight was great.

Maybe what 24 is about is the MacGuyver thing - how would an ordinary person respond to unusual threatening situations when they're just pawns in a larger game. That was what was gripping about season one, and what has provided the best parts of season two thanks to Kate.

Kim's plots didn't work because she wasn't a pawn in a larger game. Even if she did the right thing, nothing would turn on her actions in a big way.

But Lynn and Kate were right in it, and their parts tonight were totally engaging. Jack too, finally kicking a.

What a shame the series up till now has been so, so weak.

And about the preview for next week (if anyone watched), I was shocked to see that indeed, it may be the mountain lion.

Maybe someone could edit out or massively condense everything that went on inbetween the bowling ball bag and tonight and turn the season into like a four hour tv-movie.

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
what a fun episode.

I was pissed when Lynne was pointing at him and he grabbed her hand. Hopefully Jack will "kill mode" him too.

If the rest of the season is like tonight then I think I can forgive the lion and Kim.

Tom Rags

Supporting Actor
:D Will_B, that spoiler is fantastic. By all accounts, that could very well be true :)

Without 24 and "Scrubs" every week, my life would be so incomplete :)

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Great episode. The tension is back. And so is Jack, kicking ass and not bothering to take names! It's the Jack Bauer Power Hour - turning rednecks into deadnecks! ;)

:emoji_thumbsup: to Tony, who finally showed some major cojones tonight dealing with whats-her-name and Chapelle.

:emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: to Lynne, who showed smarts & grit in her attempted escape. Her only mistake was in not flaming her guard with that torch.

It should be a great final four hours!

Thomas H G

Screenwriter
Without 24 and "Scrubs" every week, my life would be so incomplete
Damn Straight! But now with Scrubs over for the season, I'm gonna only be half complete.

Enjoyed the episode greatly.

I thought for sure Lynne was dead. She's a crafty one. Then she pointed out Mike and the bastard played it off. It looked to me that near the end, he's having a battle with his conscience. Hopefully he chooses right, otherwise I hope he gets the Bauer treatment.

I'm starting to have Kim withdrawls.

Jack sure regained his energy from having the crap beat outta him for about an hour. He's a badass.

Palmer's starting to piece it together. Pick up the pace Mr. President. The VP looks like he might have some trouble getting the cabinet's majority.

What else....

Oh yea. Finally a Tony with some jeuvos. Love the way he called out Carrie's bluff.

I'm kidding about the Kim withdrawls.
(sorta)

Jay W

Supporting Actor
Judging by the preview, does anyone think

the chip doesn't make it through the current situation?

All in all it was good stuff tonight, I think if you stop to think about all the little things that seem silly you could find a bunch but overall it's good hearty entertainment :D. Can't wait for the conclusion.

From the preview

You won't believe who's behind it all line was interesting.. Nina anyone?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks