What's new

NBA Playoffs in HD (1 Viewer)

Jon Sciabica

Agent
Is anyone watching the playoffs in HD? I see the adds for Hidef PLayoffs but DirectTV and the dish only list a few games as being veiwable in HD.

I guess my real question is how do I watch all of the Kings games in HD? I currently have Dish Network, but I'm willing to switch if necessary.

Michael_Victor

Stunt Coordinator
I think its only the games that are on NBATV, Spurs, Suns tonight would be one but since I live in SA, I believe Directv will be blocking it off. I never understood that.?.

Adam_ME

Supporting Actor
Yeah, I received a message on my voicemail from Time Warner a few days ago saying I'd be able to see at least 3 playoff games(the last one being tonight's Spurs/Suns matchup) in HD on channel 300 for free. Now if only they can get around to adding ESPN HD and WB HD in the H-Town area.

Michael_Victor

Stunt Coordinator
ug, I can't stand Time Warner. I am coming to the conclusion that DISH network has more to offer than Directv.

Daren Welsh

Supporting Actor
So I tried checking NBAHD last night (channel 300 on TWC Houston) and it was "gone". Does this mean they just wanted to tease us? Is it coming back?

Adam_ME

Supporting Actor
It was only supposed to be free through the end of April. But that doesn't necessarily mean that Time Warner is teasing us. As far as I know, there aren't any HD playoff games being broadcast at the moment. TNT, ABC, and ESPN(the regular one) are carrying them.

Daren Welsh

Supporting Actor
Why would they stop using the HD cameras if they have them? Seems like a waste of capital investment.

Also, what's this "free" through April about? Is there some plan to charge for NBA HD in the future? I already pay TWC a flat fee for their HD programming. Are they going to start charging per HD channels like they do for movie channels, etc?

Hunter P

Screenwriter
It was only available for the first round. There were no exclusive broadcast rights for the first round games. For instance, our local station broadcast games that were playing on TNT without getting blacked out.

The rules change for the second round and beyond. ABC, TNT, and ESPN are the only networks broadcasting games from now on.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks