What's new

Any of the bigger Memory Cards for PS One Reliable? (1 Viewer)

Jason Quillen

Supporting Actor
Hey Guys,
Picking up FF Origins last week spurred me into a little FF mode, making me buy Chronicles and going home to dig out my Brothers copy of Anthology.

While the only one I'm playing right now is Anthology, my only PS One Memory Card doesn't have much room left, even after I went through and deleted some older games I don't play anymore.

So are any of these "Mega" Memory cards for PS1 reliable and worthwhile? I don't buy may memory cards - (too expensive for me) the whole time I had PS1 I only had 1 memory card and I've only had one PS2 memory card since I got PS2 at launch - so I really don't have any experience with them, aside from what I've read. Some seem to have serious data loss / corruption problems. So, anyone use any of these big memory cards, and if so, which ones should I look into.

JQ

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Stay away from the big cards. Instead, do one of two things:

1) By more PS1 cards. Sometimes, you can buy 2 at once (only get licensed ones or first party ones)

2) Put some of those PS1 files on a PS2 memory card by moving them using the internal menu to free up space.

John-Miles

Screenwriter
Damn am i glad i read this thread, i never knew you could do that morgan, damn im never gonna buy another PS1 memory card again, just more PS2 memory cards if i need it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks