What's new

Older Woman, Younger Man Themed Movies (1 Viewer)

Lorna R

Auditioning
I’ve got somewhat of a themed movie week going on and I’ve already run out of movies. Any suggestions for movies where an older woman, younger man relationship (generally romantic) is a significant feature? Any year, any genre.

So far it has been:

The Graduate (1967) Not a personal favourite but I do love Anne Bancroft in this one.

Love and Pain and The Whole Damn Thing (1972) Highly melodramatic but has some great comedic moments. Somewhat overlooked Maggie Smith role. Nice Spain visuals as well.

Tim (1979) Roll your eyes all you want, it fits the theme. A bargain-bin favourite.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
I haven't seen it yet, but I believe Unfaithful falls into the category. Older woman has an affair with younger man. If anything, Diane Lane's performance should impress you.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
My G/F is 13 years older than me and asked this same question about a year ago.The only ones I could think of at the time was "To Die For" and "The Graduate"

Heres a few more:

How Stella Got Her Groove Back

The Good Girl

White Palace

The Secret Of My Success

Brad Hood

Agent
Sunset Boulevard. Really great movie about a 50-something Hollywood has-been and her younger kept man. Nice new transfer as well.

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
All That Heaven Allows with Jane Wyman as a wealthy widow who falls in love with her younger gardener played by Rock Hudson.

Steve_Ch

Supporting Actor
Private Lessons - I think there are a couple different versions of this, but I also think all of them falls under the older woman, younger man theme.

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
One I forgot: The outstanding Rambling Rose with Laura Dern and Lukas Haas. Watch out, as the newer release is only MAR (Modified Aspect Ratio) at 4:3.

Also, check out The Good Girl with Jennifer Aniston. Not that she is too much older, but it may match your theme if you stretch it.

chung_sotheby

Supporting Actor
Roger Dodger
Afterglow
Kingpin
Harvard Man
The Devil's Backbone
In the Bedroom
American Pie I & II
Spanking the Monkey
The Pallbearer

Just to name a few

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks