What's new

Need sub advice. (1 Viewer)

SteveADavis

Agent
Hello, I'm most of the way done putting together my new HT. I am however lacking a sub. I don't have too much money to spend, under $200 preferably. I had found the AR 112PS for about $150 and was wondering how well it's recommended. I'm looking mainly for LFE on movies, but would like the musical quality to be decent. My set up is as follows.

HK AVR325
JBL S312
JBL NSP1II

I'd like to get something that will blend well with these provided crossovers are set properly. I can generally find pretty good deals on everything so subs that retail around $400 would be roughly in my price range. I'm looking for at least a 12". It's in a 20x25 tiled room with high ceilings and several open walls. I need something to throw a decent amount of low end. Any suggestions welcome. Thanks.

Richard Moya

Stunt Coordinator
If you can still find it, I would recommend Sony SA-WM40. Its been a recommended budget sub around here for a while. I have the NSP package with DA2ES receiver and this sub and it sounds wonderful to me.
If you find it, expect to pay about 120 or so for it.
If you do the mod on it, its supposed to sound even better.
Best Buy, Sears and some online stores had stock on it about 2 weeks ago.

Good luck

Kevinkall

Second Unit
I second the Sony SA-WM40. I bought one a little over and a month ago when I upgraded my receiver. I paid $150 for mine at Best Buy. It's a great sub and you can turn it into an AMAZING sub with the simple polyfill mod that takes about 10 minutes. The difference is night and day. For the price you can't go wrong...if you can still find one.

SteveADavis

Agent
I had the sony 8" little brother to the Wm40. It was pretty impressive for a cheap sub that came with my box setup. You would recommend that over the AR?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks