What's new

I "DO NOT" have an HT!?!? (1 Viewer)

Ed O'Neill

Second Unit
Wow according to leonml I don't have a HT either.

My room is about 13x13 and so far so good.

That guy is a clown, don't let it bother you.

Besides he never showed pictures of his TRUE HT

Just my 2 cents
Ed O'Neill

p.s. Too bad I didn't live in Colorado like you Frank we could have pooled our money together to make 1 nice theater.LOL

BrianKR

Second Unit
Frank,
You have one hell of a nice setup!!!

The best thing to do with people like leonml is just ignore them, no response to him or to others that bash or agree with him, just ignore.
I never will understand how some people can be so rude.

You have the total package, a very good HDTV, A very good sound setup and a good dimensional room with a very pleasing appearance. I only hope mine turns out as nice as yours when I am done with it!

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
"grandmas local livingroom viewing"!?!?!?

What a putz. Nice setup Frank... puts mine to shame... but then.. my grandma doesn't want any of that "newfangled" equipment around her livingroom.

Khoa Tran

Supporting Actor
wow i guess i don't have a HT either, im gonna go tell my dad to go spend another 5k on a projecter and screen so we can have a home theater...

Cam S

Screenwriter
Geez, I think I have a HT, and I only have a 32" inch flat screen!!! Geesh, the bar is always being raised :rolleyes

Frank Zimkas

Supporting Actor
Thanks for the positive reinforcement! I really wasn't looking for compliments, just sharing! I have to admit I was a wee bit peeved (in the King's English this means Pissed to beat The Band!) I have seen some great Ht's that do not have a front projector, and I've seen some that do and look like Crrrrap. As far as I'm concerned an HT can be the making do with what you have or can afford, or the best gear that money can buy! It's all HT to me!

Kevinkall

Second Unit
VERY NICE SETUP!!!

Love the posters!

One thing that I've learned since I've setup my small HT is that everyone has a different opinion about EVERYTHING. If you like it then it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks. Enjoy what you have. Since I don't have A TON of money to put in a HT I enjoy every cent I get out of mine.

Geno

Supporting Actor
well i guess i have the best of both worlds, whichever worlds that guy was in?¿ i have a 13" and a 130"
go figure

frank, why would you join another forum for HT stuff anyway? guys i wonder if the brainwashing isnt working on him... nice stuff btw.

hmm actually this is top secret info, - leonml works for the HTF - he is trying to scare everyone out of the other forums and make them join here. the goal is to make HTF the only HT site on the web. now ill have to kill you all!

LaMarcus

Screenwriter
Real Name
LaMarcus
Funny that Geno said that because I was thinking that earlier. I joined the AVS forum awhile ago because I wanted to ask a guy a question but other than that it's HTF all the way. I hate how those other sites are setup.

Any way, that guy was nuts Frank, you have one of my favorite HT's. My definition of ht, is a display (preferably widescreen), a dvd player, and at least 5.1 channels of sound.

And btw Frank, when did you upgrade your mains? What did you do with your old mains? I can't believe you upgraded from those other speakers, I can't see you having better sound then you already had, it was a killer system!

Glenise

Supporting Actor
Does leonml have a home theater?
I didn't notice a weblink for one.
To me you shouldn't critize people for what you don't have or can't do!

Frank Zimkas

Supporting Actor
LaMarcus,
I upgraded all of my speakers about 6 months ago. All of the speakers are now Polk Lsi series. The previous speakers were Polk rt speakers. I sold them to a gentlemen from Denver. I also upgrade from a Polk sub to the Sunfire sub. Although the previous speakers were great, they couldn't hold a candle to the Lsi's!!:D

Glenise,
I have not seen any links to his HT, go figure!

Geno,
I didn't want to join any other forums, I was forced to by a group of crazed BestBuy employees!

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
While Leon might be rude in his way of coming across I think he is correct. I hate to be that way Frank but viewing a movie at my house on a 32" tv or a friends' 55" widescreen is nothing like going over to either one of my friends who own a 110" Screen and projector. The visual impact completely changes your viewing of the movie at home. It no longer becomes a HOME THEATER. It takes on the feeling of a theater w/o the bad things(cell phones yadda yadda).

Trust me your theater looks great but the addition of a screen and projector makes a dramatic difference.

His point could have been made in a better fashion but I agree with it nonetheless.

Frank Zimkas

Supporting Actor
Shane,
Although watching a movie on a projection system may in fact be a great thing, but not having a projector does not mean that you do not have a home theater(IMHO). If this were the case then the only people that could honestly say that they have a home theater are those that have a movie (as in film) projector in their house! If you check my site you'll see that I have 3!:D :D :D

BrianKR

Second Unit
personally I feel sound is way more important for a theater experience then the (size) screen you view it on. I have seen a ton of personal HT setups with screens and FPs have weak sound setups.

I built my sound setup just the way I wanted it before even buying an HDTV. Without great sound you might as well be watching the movie on a 13 inch tv. Seriously though, take a look at some setups of guys that own expensive FPs and a screen and check out their sound setups. Some of you might be shocked.

The HT room I am currently building will have both an RPTV and FP. I still haven't picked out the FP but IMHO it's a true HT room even if I didn't purchase one.

TimForman

Supporting Actor
Thank you Frank for re-enforcing my decision to become a HTF member. That other site leaves much to be desired. As for whats-his-face, some people just can't stand to see others having fun. Just because we're sharing what we're doing doesn't mean we think we have the ultimate home theater. I'm sure mine will be a "work in progress" for quite some time. My HT

BlakeN

Stunt Coordinator
I try not to rant but saying your HT is not and HT because you dont have a pj is as arbitrary as saying its not an HT because there is no popcorn machine. All theaters have popcorn machines right? So by his logic your home theater is not a true theater with out one.. guess what all theaters have urnals too but I dont think my wife is going to go for that. Oh well I guess no HT for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks