Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

What has happened to DigitalEyes?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 David S. Peterson

David S. Peterson

Agent

• 32 posts

Posted April 19 2003 - 11:56 AM

What has happened to Digital Eyes?

I ask this as a longtime customer of five years. I have never used a different online company to get dvds. I used to swear by their service, but no longer.

Orders are now messed up. I cannot track orders on their website any longer. I do not get responses to my recent emails.

I am promised over the phone for delivery on a back ordered disc from four months ago which I was charged for. During these four months the disc has been listed as in stock. Each time I ask about it I am told that the problem is with website upgrading. Am still waiting for the disc.

The other day I received a P&S version of a disc in an order instead of a WS version. I didn't bother to call them to complain. Today I receive a duplicate shipment which I am also being charged for.
David S. Peterson

#2 of 4 Brad Vautrinot

Brad Vautrinot

Stunt Coordinator

• 198 posts

Posted April 19 2003 - 12:14 PM

David, see my post on this forum. I'm in the same boat and I won't be using them anymore. The old webite was terrific and I don't see why they couldn't leave well enough alone.
From the rocking of the cradle to the rolling of the hearse, the going up was worth the coming down.

#3 of 4 Brian E

Brian E

Screenwriter

• 1,636 posts

Posted April 22 2003 - 05:12 PM

I saw something somewhere, I think it was DVD Talk, that said the company that owns Deep Discount DVD bought them.
~Brian

#4 of 4 Cees Alons

Cees Alons

Executive Producer

• 18,531 posts

Posted April 25 2003 - 05:49 AM

They were moving their server. We couldn't get to the site as long as the new domain info had not "propagated" through the domain server hierarchy.

Perhaps they had trouble to get their e-mail working properly for the same reason. Two days ago, I sent a message with a request in it - and the request was honoured right away, although I didn't get a reply (yet) either.

So I'm sure they're working on their site server and site database right now. Let's grant 'em a little time for that, at least DE served me very well since 1997!

Cees