What's new

*** Official "CHASING PAPI" Review Thread (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Okay, let's get it out of the way, this film is eye candy with a latino bent to it. The film moves fast through its paperthin plot, and the girls move even faster.

Basically, it's one guy who tries to have relationships with 3 women in 3 different regions of the US (New York, Chicago, and Miami). But of course all 3 women find out about the other 2 and that's when the film take off on its zany plot, which probably wanted to feature bits from "Weekend at Bernies" as the guy (Papi) practically overdoses on tranquilizers to calm his nerves.

Roselyn Sanchez reminds me in looks and voice of a latina Sandra Bulloch, and she can do the slapstick comedy bits quite well. Sofia Vergara is channelling Charo, and doesn't apologize for her bombshell proportions, but doesn't disappoint in terms of entertainment value added to the film. Jaci Velasquez plays the 3rd wheel, but does an adequate job. Freddy Rodriguez (Frederico on Six Feet Under) is sort of funny in his small role.

The best thing I can say about this film is that it seldom drags, and just has a good time with its story which has the 3 women coming together to solve their problems. I'd recommend it as a matinee at best.

I give it 2 stars, or a grade of C.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
This thread is now the Official Review Thread for "Chasing Papi". Please post all HTF member reviews in this thread.

Any other comments, links to other reviews, or discussion items will be deleted from this thread without warning!

If you need to discuss those type of issues then I have designated an Official Discussion Thread.

Crawdaddy

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks