Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Shaolin Soccer question

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 of 7 OFFLINE   Chris_Morris

Chris_Morris

Screenwriter

• 1,887 posts

Posted April 18 2003 - 08:56 AM

Sorry if this has been answered, I searched, but found nothing.

Does anyone know if the upcoming US release (8/8/2003) is going to be Miram-Axed and dubbed? Any good way to see the original subtitled version?

Thanks
Chris

#2 of 7 OFFLINE   BrianB

BrianB

Producer

• 5,211 posts

Posted April 18 2003 - 09:47 AM

Quote:
Any good way to see the original subtitled version?

Yes. The official DVD release from Hong Kong is region-free, just go ahead & import it from somewhere like DDDHouse
high resolution ipod featuring dlp hd programming is the best, almost as good as playstation 2 with wega windows media on a super cd! ps2 and tivo do dolby tv with broadband hdtv!

#3 of 7 OFFLINE   Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist

Executive Producer

• 11,286 posts

Posted April 18 2003 - 10:26 AM

It's absolutely going to be butchered and dub-only. At last report They had cut out the opening that establishes the entire relationship between the good and evil coaches for no reason whatsoever.

The legit release is anamorphic, DTS, OSL, and half the price http://www.dddhouse.com

#4 of 7 OFFLINE   ChrisJefferys

ChrisJefferys

Stunt Coordinator

• 133 posts

Posted April 18 2003 - 12:37 PM

Quote:
At last report They had cut out the opening that establishes the entire relationship between the good and evil coaches for no reason whatsoever.

Christ, why am I not surprised. Am I nuts, or is that a kinda important part of the film. And I just know that the soundtrack is gonna be full of hip-hop isn't it? Posted Image

#5 of 7 OFFLINE   Chris_Morris

Chris_Morris

Screenwriter

• 1,887 posts

Posted April 18 2003 - 03:10 PM

Quote:
It's absolutely going to be butchered and dub-only. At last report They had cut out the opening that establishes the entire relationship between the good and evil coaches for no reason whatsoever.

Man that sucks. Not a bad price for the DVD though (after I realized that $80 was in HK$ Posted Image ). I'll probably scan Ebay first though. Thanks guys Posted Image

Chris

#6 of 7 OFFLINE   Michael Pakula

Michael Pakula

Second Unit

• 393 posts

Posted April 18 2003 - 11:05 PM

It is Dubbed, well at least the version I saw last
year at the Toronto International Film Festival. It
kind makes the movie even more funny though.
It's kind of a tribute to all those old dubbed martial
arts films of the past.

-Mike

#7 of 7 OFFLINE   Chris_Morris

Chris_Morris

Screenwriter

• 1,887 posts

Posted April 19 2003 - 01:32 AM

I downloaded the trailer, and the dubbing doesn't seem too bad, but I prefer the original language, and not having Miramax second-guess the director as to how it should be cut, so I ordered my import copy last night.

Chris

Forum Nav Content I Follow