What's new

What...no midnight Matrix reloaded showing???!!! (1 Viewer)

JonathonSan

Stunt Coordinator
I just checked the local theaters for the playtimes for Martix Reloaded expecting to see a 12:01AM showing Thursday and nothing. The earliest showtime is 10AM...what gives!?!?!?!

Jonathon

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
If midnight showings don't come about when the time comes, remember: you've been waiting to see this for weeks, months, or years. You can wait 10 more hours.

JonathonSan

Stunt Coordinator
I was able to buy tickets to LOTR:TT a month an a half in advance for the midnight showing, must not have sold too many that far out. I can wait until later that day, but there is certainly an air of excitement for the midnight showings that is not present during other showings, at least in my experiences.

Jonathon

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
The earliest showings should still have that same air of excitement...

But I really can't see The Matrix Reloaded opening without midnight showings. I don't think you need to worry.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
If I get a job at a local movie theater, I get to see this movie the day before it comes out (it's an employee-only/test-out-the-reels showing). A few friends of mine saw TTT the day before it came out the same way.

Dominik Droscher

Supporting Actor
IIRC they are planning to start the movie over the whole world exactly at the same time. Not just day, but time. Pretty interesting concept, never done before.

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member

Totally agree with you Jeff. It's an experience unto itself, and just enhances events like these to a new level.

Neil S. Bulk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil S. Bulk
Last year, Columbia would not allow a midnight screening of Spider-Man. Specifically, you weren't allowed to show the movie until 9 a.m. Perhaps Warner Bros. has a similar arrangement with this movie.

Neil

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
If so, Neil, that would contradict what they do for the LOTR movies...sorta. Maybe Warner Bros. and New Line don't have much in common other than their parent company, I don't know.

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
Theatrically, Warner and New Line exist as separate companies. We send payments for their films to totally different places and have a different master license for each.

Vickie_M

Senior HTF Member
Well if anybody hears of a midnight showing in Chicago, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE post here. I'm staying away from the offical thread because I'm trying to avoid spoilers.

I saw the preview once, but I haven't read any of the magazine articles or watched any of the shorts.

Matt Pelham

Screenwriter

Absolutely. Ever since the LOTR:TTT midnight show I attended I'm hooked. Please let there be a midnight showing here in Orlando!

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
*Sniff* only one more Star Wars TRUE geek show left. Where else can you have people cheer instead of jeer as you lightsaber duel in the parking lot?

I do expect any impromptu martial arts battles by people who don't know what they're doing will be stopped for safety reasons

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Oh man, Episode II was the best midnight show ever. I'm not sure any movie theater was ever louder than when Yoda started to fight. The shouting, screaming, cheering....laughing....

I hope Matrix has a midnight show, or at least that I get to see it opening day, because it looks badass.

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
Well, welcome to my world!!!! My local theaters never have midnight showings. They diddn't do it for any of the LOTR movies or even Star Wars.

Joshua_Y

Screenwriter
I am all about midnight showings...their a blast! But unfortunately they didnt have one for LOTR TTT...so I went to the employee showing and I kinda doubt they will have one for MR...its always good to know people who work at theaters...

Ep1&2 Midnight Showings were the two greatest nights of my life! :)

Mike Graham

Supporting Actor
The midnight showing of Episode II was a blast (and I don't even like the Star Wars films that much)! One of the better movie going experiences of my life, the film had a ton of fancy trailers attached to it (including the Reloaded teaser) that had the crowd shouting well before the film even started.

The laughable part was that mostly everyone there was over 16, and had every reason to be in bed at the time due to work or school in the morning, etc. but decided to come for the fun of it all anyway.

While I hope Warner Bros. allows a midnight treatment of Reloaded, regardless I think we can all assume a fun time with Episode III in May 2005

:D

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
But unfortunately they didnt have one for LOTR TTT...so I went to the employee showing
Which is why I hope to get a job at a theater before MR comes out. I know a few people who work there, so I'm just about in.

Oh, they didn't have a LotR:TTT midnight show around here, either. Instead, I went with my brother, a friend, and his family to see it at 11 AM.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks