What's new

Why no deals on PS2? (1 Viewer)

Robert Burkes

Second Unit
Nintendo and Microsoft have both been issuing great deals on their systems (included games, and I remember seeing something at EB about the X-Box being $150 with 3 games, but I don't know if it's EB's doing or Microsoft's), while Sony seems set at the $200 price mark with no games included. Why aren't we seeing any deals on the PS2? Just wondering what you all thought. Later!

Rob

GlenHaag

Supporting Actor
You took the words right out of my mouth Adam. Why should Sony add something to sell more units, if people are buying more of their product?

They'll probably drop their price in the next few months, but I wouldn't expect much more than that.

Glen

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
Adam's right on the mark - the PS2 as it is sells consistently more than the other two platforms that retailers really don't need to bundle it to make it sell. You'll sometimes see them clear unsold stock of games with PS2 bundles, but that's not an everyday deal.

DaveGTP

Senior HTF Member
The trend for Sony in Japan right now is to keep the price the same, but toss in some extra hardware (network adapter, hard drive, etc).

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
I don't know. I won't get it unless the price comes down to the PS1 level. There are some games I'd like to try, but I have too many other systems clogging up space to try another one right now unless it's at the right price.

Either that, or I could spend some money trying to win one on the wheels at the Jersey Shore boardwalk and hope I get lucky ;).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks