Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

computer sound cards

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   DuaneHangar

DuaneHangar

Extra

• 18 posts

Posted April 17 2003 - 04:19 PM

as a newbie with a h.t.s. and a computer, i'm wondering if there is a sound card availible that has a coax sound output that i could hook into my reciever. i don't want to send alot of money on a high end sound card (if even applicable).

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   Eric Samonte

Eric Samonte

Screenwriter

• 1,325 posts

Posted April 18 2003 - 12:48 AM

Sound blaster Audigy cards have them. Also, the now discontinued Aureal SQ2500 cards has them. I got one of these like 3years ago for $15 and was using the digital coax out to my receiver.

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   Jeremy:L

Jeremy:L

Agent

• 45 posts

Posted April 18 2003 - 03:24 AM

I use the digital out (s/pdif) on my SB Live! card to send music to my receiver. I just got an RG-6 cable, an f-type to mini plug adapter for the sound card, and an f-type to RCA for the receiver. Works great!

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   Greg_R

Greg_R

Screenwriter

• 1,998 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR

Posted April 18 2003 - 10:03 AM

Some motherboards with Intel's 845 chipset have a digital output (like Asustek's P4PE boards).

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   ChrisWiggles

ChrisWiggles

Producer

• 4,791 posts

Posted April 19 2003 - 04:34 AM

The M-Audio Revolution is pretty popular, it's new, and pretty feature-packed, at only about $100 (i think?). If you don't need all that, you could find an older sound card with SPDIF out for really cheap I'm sure.