-

Photo
- - - - -

DVD Player set-up?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 Aristides

Aristides

Agent

• 40 posts

Posted April 17 2003 - 09:18 AM

I recently joined the growing ranks of you that own a DVD player.

I have a Panasonic XP-30 (prog scan) DVD player with digital audio out to my Denon 3300 receiver, and component video running directly to a Mitsu WS-55311.

My question:

1. Are individual DVD's flagged for progressive scan output? Or will any DVD play in prog scan format? The reason I ask is that when displaying my TV's on-screen menu it is still saying that the input is 480i not 480p and I'm occasionally seeing artifacts commonplace to interlaced video.

Any ideas?

Peace,
Aristides

#2 of 5 Bill Kane

Bill Kane

Screenwriter

• 1,373 posts

Posted April 17 2003 - 12:25 PM

Start with DVDp settings. The Panasonic 30 needs to be set to PROGRESSIVE in the set-up menu. Then the output must be set to Progressive. Reread your manual.

Apparently these units will revert to interlaced if turned off stone-cold, like plugged into a switched outlet on the receiver. Try plugging into a power/surge center outlet.

I am no expert here, but hope these tips will work...

#3 of 5 Aristides

Aristides

Agent

• 40 posts

Posted April 18 2003 - 01:53 AM

Well, it is possible that it reset itself, although I'm almost positive I have it set up correctly. I have to spend a day with the manuals and see if there is something I'm missing.

Thanks,
Aristides

#4 of 5 jim lupi

jim lupi

Auditioning

• 14 posts

Posted April 18 2003 - 02:28 AM

there are 2 places in menue to set to prog out. then you must change the 480i to 480p on the onscreen display while a disc is running. this only needs to be done once. see page 9 i believe

#5 of 5 Aristides

Aristides

Agent

• 40 posts

Posted April 22 2003 - 01:17 AM

Posted Image

Thank you very much, I figured I missed something the first time around. It seems kind of deep into the on-screen display to go to be able to enable prog scan.

Thanks again!

Peace,
Aristides