What's new

Anyone ever tried to build a DIY CD Transport ? (1 Viewer)

Mauricio_BR

Agent
Guys,

Me and some friends are experimenting a kind of "DIY" CD Transport, using an IDE cdrom as the source (with various kinds of power supply) and taking the audio directly from the Digital Audio output and driving it into an external DAC.

So far we´ve tested a few cdrom players (creative infra, LG cdrw, sony) and some DACs (Pioneer receiver, Denon receiver, Audio Alchemy DAC, etc) and as a preliminary analysis I can tell its results far exceeded our expectations. :D

If someone else tried something like this, lets share some info.

Tks

Mauricio

Mauricio_BR

Agent
Well, the subject of this topic should have been Anyone ever tried to assemble a DIY CD Transport ?

But it came out somewhat moronic... :eek:

Anyway, no one ever tried that ?

C

Chris*Liberti

I've actually thought of doing this and I am trying to come up with a cool design for a box and a way to program a basic setup so that it can drive a small screen (to show track listing) and to read the CD graphics on discs that have it.

MannyE

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Manny Elgarresta
I tried, but it was only to re-locate the electronics into a chassis that matched my DIY tube stuff. I was not successful. SO if you have any pictures of your creation, I would love to see them.

It would also be interesting to see how you scavenged the initial mechanisms and re-located the controls...

I suck at it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks