-

Photo
- - - - -

Good Morning Miami 4/17/03 Series Finale(?)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
14 replies to this topic

#1 of 15 OFFLINE   Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 37,753 posts

Posted April 17 2003 - 07:09 AM

I could have sworn that NBC was advertising tonight's episode of Good Morning Miami as the SERIES finale, meaning it's not coming back. If so, will Jake finally get the girl?
"Jee-sus, it's like Iwo Jima out there" - Roger Sterling on "Mad Men"
Patcave | 2006 Films | 2007 Films | Flickr | Comic-Con 2012 | Dragon*Con 2012

#2 of 15 OFFLINE   Malcolm R

Malcolm R

Executive Producer

• 11,604 posts
  • LocationVermont

Posted April 17 2003 - 07:23 AM

The NBC website has "season" finale. It's had pretty decent ratings compared to some shows that have had that slot over the years, so it'll probably be back.
The purpose of an education is to replace an empty mind with an open mind.

#3 of 15 OFFLINE   Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt

Executive Producer

• 14,202 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted April 17 2003 - 07:27 AM

Quote:
If so, will Jake finally get the girl?
And if so, will anyone care? It's about the most mundane, boring, and overemphasized love quadrangle I've even seen on television. I expect more from the guys behind Will & Grace. Personally, I think that a better approach would have been the office dynamic and the actually running of the TV show (or lack there of). The only times I laugh during the show (and I'm on the floor when they come) are the horrible goof ups that happen on the air, like when the blonde anchor antagonized the little girl that saved her relatives when he interviewed her.

#4 of 15 OFFLINE   MickeS

MickeS

Producer

• 5,065 posts

Posted April 17 2003 - 08:03 AM

Personally, I think that a better approach would have been the office dynamic and the actually running of the TV show (or lack there of).

They need to do more with that, but I still enjoy the other bits too. They have been increasing the office stuff a little bit lately, I hope they do it more. Suzanne Pleschette is good, and the stuff with Frank is good too.

I really hope it's not the end of the show.
/Mike

#5 of 15 OFFLINE   Rob Willey

Rob Willey

Screenwriter

• 1,179 posts

Posted April 17 2003 - 09:54 AM

Last week NBC was billing it as the "series finale" as if they had made up their mind not to renew it. By comparison, they were billing Ed as the "season finale".

We may have to wait until next month to know for sure.

Rob
"That suits me down to the ground."

#6 of 15 OFFLINE   MickeS

MickeS

Producer

• 5,065 posts

Posted April 17 2003 - 11:24 AM

From the NBC website:

Good Morning, Miami
9:30/8:30pm
In the season finale, Jake makes a shocking decision.

Note that THEY put it in bold, not me. Maybe they originally weren't going to renew, but changed their minds?

/Mike
/Mike

#7 of 15 OFFLINE   Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 37,753 posts

Posted April 18 2003 - 01:40 AM

Well, given the ending last night, if NBC didn't bring it back, that would suck big time.

#8 of 15 OFFLINE   Thi Them

Thi Them

Producer

• 3,650 posts

Posted April 18 2003 - 04:58 AM

What happened?

~T

#9 of 15 OFFLINE   Don Black

Don Black

Screenwriter

• 1,485 posts

Posted April 18 2003 - 08:42 AM

Ugh. I thought the ending was terrible. It was just stale. Blah...

#10 of 15 OFFLINE   Thomas H G

Thomas H G

Screenwriter

• 1,034 posts

Posted April 18 2003 - 11:07 AM

I can't believe Jake. Now's your chance. Take Dylan. Simple choice.

Anyway, if this show does get cancelled, find a show for Dylan. Wouldn't mind seeing more of her.
My Collection at DVD Aficiando

boogieman187 on XBL

#11 of 15 OFFLINE   Thi Them

Thi Them

Producer

• 3,650 posts

Posted April 18 2003 - 12:33 PM

So what happened in the episode?

~T

#12 of 15 OFFLINE   Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 37,753 posts

Posted April 19 2003 - 03:05 AM

The synopsis (it's been a couple of days, so I may get some details wrong):

Dylan has to mull over the proposal by Gavin.

Jake asks that Dylan hear his sales pitch before giving Gavin her answer.

Jake asks Penny to make the restaurant reservations for dinner for Jake and Dylan. It's a pretty heartless thing for Jake to ask Penny to do.

Jake is detained because of a PSA shoot (for flu shot vacinations) that takes forever to get done because Claire keeps laughing after saying the line "just a little prick" when describing the flu shot that Frank gets from the nurse on hand. Each time Clair flubs her lines, Franks gets shot by the nurse. This goes on for quite a while, and it's the funniest part of the show, especially Frank's reaction to the repeated shots by the nurse, who turns out to be a wannabe actress.

Penny quits because she's willing to change jobs for the sake of a relationship/non-relationship. But Penny offers to go to the restaurant to save his table for him since the PSA shoot was running long, regardless of her employment situation.

Jake sees Dylan at the station, finally after the PSA shoot is done, Frank is a wreck after all of those flu injections.

Jake confesses to Dylan that he moves to Miami for her (love at first sight), but Dylan's reaction isn't the one he needed.

Gavin shows up at the restaurant, joins Penny at Jack and Dylan's table (irony, I know). They talk about their non-productive love lives, and start drinking and commiserating.

Jake finally realizes that Penny is the one that's willing to make the sacrifice for a relationship. Jake races to the restaurant. Jake shows up, and Penny and Gavin are sharing a passionate kiss. Cue the credits.

So, we are left with Jake realizing he made a big mistake by letting Penny go, and he thinks Penny and Gavin are an item, and Dylan is in the same romantic boat as Jake, and now the Jake and Dylan attraction has been placed on the backburner.

#13 of 15 OFFLINE   Thi Them

Thi Them

Producer

• 3,650 posts

Posted April 19 2003 - 05:43 AM

Thanks Patrick. I quit watching the show several weeks ago, and it sounds like a lot has happened.

~T

#14 of 15 OFFLINE   ThomasC

ThomasC

Lead Actor

• 6,526 posts

Posted April 21 2003 - 05:10 PM

Here's a blip from IMDB's news site:

Providing a significant argument for NBC to renew Good Morning Miami, a new survey by media buyers Magna Global USA has indicated that the Thursday-night sitcom draws more affluent young viewers than any other show on television. As reported in today's (Monday) New York Daily News,28 percent of the show's 18-49-year-old audience earns $75,000 or more annually. Miami is followed by the rest of NBC's Must-See-TV Thursday night lineup, all with 24 percent. By contrast, CBS's top-rated show, CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, appeals to 18 percent of that demo.

#15 of 15 OFFLINE   Randy Tennison

Randy Tennison

Screenwriter

• 1,099 posts

Posted April 22 2003 - 02:21 AM

My God, could Jake be any more of a wienie. He wants Dylan, can't have her. Could have Penny, doesn't want her, because he wants Dylan. Then, wants Penny, mostly because he can't have her, because she knows he wants Dylan. Penny wants Jake, but won't act on it because he wants Dylan. He finally gets a shot at Dylan, but then decides he doesn't want her, he wants Penny.

Damn it, chose someone, and get on with your life.

Myself, I think I'd chose the "Slut, with skills"! Posted Image
Randy T.
Orlando, FL
ºoº Home of The Mouse!!!

"Oh, come on, guys. It's so simple, maybe you need a refresher course. It's all ball bearings nowadays!"