What's new

Bose is such an easy target (1 Viewer)

JamesCB

Second Unit
I just can't help picking on Bose. I love to just search for discussions about this company and laugh at the resulting conversations.

I do have a question though. Whenever I see an ad on tv (infomercial usually) or in a magazine or on the 'net, I always see the phrase "award winning". Whether its "award winning sound" or "award winning design". WHAT AWARDS HAS THIS COMPANY ACTUALLY WON?? I would be interested to know. Or, is this just another aspect of their marketing scheme?

Ranting question ends here.

Mike_J_D

Stunt Coordinator
I think they won an award for being the brightest speakers on the market. And another one for being the biggest friggin rip off. HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA I really hate Bose.

Ron_L

Second Unit
Bose sucks, I wonder why Audi and Cadillac use their sound systems in their cars.

Eric_E

Supporting Actor
Bose sucks, I wonder why Audi and Cadillac use their sound systems in their cars.
Simple, because Bose's all-marketing, no R&D scheme has led the vast majority of the American public to truly believe that Bose is the best. Those of us in the know can just laugh about it. Although, I personally don't know anything about car audio, so who knows, maybe they put out a better product for that. But anyway, my guess is still marketing.

Brett DiMichele

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brett
Caddilac uses Bose simply because GM has a long standing
contract with them. Bose supplies GM with garbage Bose
speakers cheap and GM charges a thousand dollars for the
"premium" stereo package.

My 00 Corvette has Bose (as did the two before it) and
every car that had it sounded like utter trash. Unfortunatly
I didn't have the choice to get the car without the Blows
system since I didn't order it.. But it really is a joke.

Vincent_S

Second Unit
I don't think you can get a 'vette without Bose:frowning: And they are also supplying Nissan with junk as well. The cruddy Monsoon in my SS blows away the Bose in our '03 Pathfinder.

Doug BW

Stunt Coordinator
WHAT AWARDS HAS THIS COMPANY ACTUALLY WON??
Believe it or not, Bose has won an award: The Bose Wave Radio won the coveted 1993 Popular Science Magazine "Best of What's New" award for electronics.

What's worse, Popular Science re-affirmed their bosophilic stance in December 2002:

"Still a sonic marvel?

That's what we called the Bose Wave radio in our 1993 awards. True today? Well, consumers still look at the Wave's fetching form and say, "I like that. I want it." The angling of its speakers enables it to cover a midsize room extremely well. It can play quite loud—at least 90 decibels without distortion—and the tonal balance is pleasingly warm. Midbass response is strong enough to inspire doubletakes: You look at it and wonder if the bass is coming from another planet. Put it on a mid-room coffee table and the Wave will still amaze guests with clean, powerful, musical sound."

JamesCB

Second Unit
ChristopherBer,

If you own Bose, don't worry about what others say. If your system works for you, and it makes you happy, thats the whole key to it.

Brett DiMichele

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brett
Vincent,

In the Vettes yes you can get the standard stereo system
which forgoes the Bose 3" Paper "Tweeters" and the 8" Mid
Bass in the doors. The rear speakers and the head unit are
Delco either way.

Don't get me wrong.. The Bose system in my 00 is better
than "some" vehicles out there.. But I can think of many
other "Premium" OEM systems that easily outperform it.
The Chrysler Infinity Premium systems sound fantastic for
an OEM as do the Monsoon's and the Mach460 in the Stang.

Frank Mowry

Stunt Coordinator
Yep unfortunately the Bose system in my Audi A4 pales in comparison to my wife's Infinity system in her Sebring convertible. Sad thing is the acoustics in my coupe should be much better than those in her convertible. Just doesn't translate into better sounds given the equipment.

Frank

Mike_J_D

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah I have Monsoon speakers in my Jetta. And I love them. My Mom has Bose in her Pathfinder and they sound like Crapola. If I was a Vette owner I would take my car to a local car audio dealer and tell them to take the Bose out and put in something better. Like Boston Acoustics, Polk, Infinity, Autobahn...anything but the Delco and Bose combo. Really guys...if you can buy a Vette a few bucks on a decent stereo for your car is nothin. But thats just how I see it. I also spend some time in my car. Mike D

ken thompson

Second Unit
My mother had a 1991 Acura Legend with a Bose audio system and quite frankly it was the best sounding mobile system I've ever heard. Especially for a stock system.

Greg Thomas

Second Unit
I have a 1990 Legend Coupe with a Bose system and that's the first thing I removed when I bought the car. Replaced with JBL speakers, JBL 4 channel amp and Sony head unit. Sounds light years better. The original speakers were so cheap and paper thin and only handled low power.

Brett DiMichele

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brett
Ken,

It's okay you probably never heard better. I have :)

Mike,

I understand what you mean about an aftermarket car audio
system. In fact I have them installed in every other one
of my vehicles except the Vette. The reason? I spent a
grand on a new exhaust for the Vette... That's real music!
:)
I never turn the stereo on in the Vette I have daily drivers
that have good systems for that reason.

Seth_L

Screenwriter
I tore the bose system out of 02 Nissan Maxima and put in a quality system that sounds way better.

Seth

Nathan J

Stunt Coordinator
My mother had a 1991 Acura Legend with a Bose audio system and quite frankly it was the best sounding mobile system I've ever heard. Especially for a stock system.
[/quote/

I am sorry to hear that. Perhaps you need to get out more.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.