Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Coppola's "You're A Big Boy Now" - WHEN???

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 of 7 OFFLINE   Sebastian_A

Sebastian_A

Stunt Coordinator

• 137 posts

Posted April 16 2003 - 08:58 PM

Does anyone know if this title has been announced yet? It is one of my favorites and definitely one of Coppola's best - and his first! Posted Image

Thanks for any input,

S

#2 of 7 OFFLINE   Jay E

Jay E

Screenwriter

• 2,485 posts

Posted April 17 2003 - 12:56 AM

Warner owns the rights but since they have such a huge vault of films, regretably I don't have much hope of seeing this or another great early Coppola film The Rain People anytime soon (YABBN was released on Laser however).

#3 of 7 OFFLINE   Robert Harris

Robert Harris

Lead Actor

• 7,609 posts

Posted April 17 2003 - 01:04 AM

Actually not FFC's first. It was preceeded by several low budget offerings, inclusive of Dementia 13 and others.

"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. This I did." T.E. Lawrence

#4 of 7 OFFLINE   Jeff_HR

Jeff_HR

Producer

• 3,596 posts

Posted April 17 2003 - 07:23 AM

Quote:
Warner owns the rights but since they have such a huge vault of films, regretably I don't have much hope of seeing this
Too bad! I enjoyed watching this film whenever it showed up on TV over the years.
Cogito, Ergo Sum
My DVD Library / The BLOOD is the Life!
Pioneer Elite PRO PDP-111FD - 2/28/2009

#5 of 7 OFFLINE   oscar_merkx

oscar_merkx

Lead Actor

• 7,632 posts

Posted April 17 2003 - 08:06 AM

if you have a multi region player (r2), hmv has Dementia 13 in a boxset of Roger Corman Classics

Posted Image
Toastmasters International

Communication is Everything

#6 of 7 OFFLINE   Charles Ellis

Charles Ellis

Screenwriter

• 1,908 posts

Posted April 17 2003 - 10:39 AM

Ahh....this movie is a wonderful gem waiting to be discovered by many. With a great cast (Peter Kastner, Elizabeth Hartman, Rip Torn, Geraldine Page, Karen Black, Julie Harris, Dolph Sweet, Tony Bill) and a score by the Lovin' Spoonful (buy the soundtrack on CD!), this is one of my favorite cult comedies from the 60s, along with "Lord Love A Duck" and "The Loved One". If anyone from Warners is reading this, go into your vaults and release this film now- I mean, it was directed by Francis Ford Coppola , for heaven's sake!!!
Bring "The continuing story of PEYTON PLACE" home on DVD: the one that started it all- from Dallas and Dynasty to Desperate Housewives and Gossip Girl!!! Starting this May, see the legendary saga starring Mia Farrow, Ryan O'Neal, Barbara Parkins, and Oscar-winner Dorothy Malone on DVD thru...

#7 of 7 OFFLINE   Larry P

Larry P

Stunt Coordinator

• 187 posts

Posted April 17 2003 - 01:09 PM

What about Tonight For Sure and Battle Beyond the Sun?