Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Avia vs Video Essentials question

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 OFFLINE   TroyRD

TroyRD

Extra

• 19 posts

Posted April 16 2003 - 11:38 AM

Pardon my ignorance, but its been a long time since I have perused this forum, so long in fact that my orginal account was auto-deleted for inactivity! Posted Image I had been a member since about 1996 and have now had to re-register.

Anyway, I had gotten my HT setup pretty much to my liking which is why I got away from the HTF for awhile, and now my TV crapped out, so its time for an upgrade and some research.

I would have run a search, but searching for either avia or video essentials brings up sooooo many hits that don't answer the question, its easier to simply ask.

It seems everyone now uses Avia for calibrating their video....is there any reason I would want to purchase this to calibrate my new TV when I get it, instead of using my Video Essentials DVD, which is about 7 years old now? Has that much changed?

Thanks,

Troy

#2 of 2 OFFLINE   Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph

Lead Actor

• 8,341 posts

Posted April 16 2003 - 05:11 PM

Personally I would just keep VE and use that. AVIA has some more indepth test patterns and audio material but both will do the job nicely. The one thing I missed from AVIA was the video demo material at the end.
Click and enter " T H E . H O L O D E C K "
---------------------------------------------------------
My Home Theatre "The Holodeck"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users