What's new

The smell of DS9 (1 Viewer)

Kai Zas

Second Unit
Is it me or do the DS9 sets have a funky smell? When I opend my DHL box that contained it I immediately noticed it. The good people over at dv-depot wrapped it in bubble-wrap, no less. When the second season arrived, the same thing happend.

I let a friend of mine take a whiff and he came up with mushrooms.

(Is it the smell of quality?)

I know this doesn't mean anything, it just stands out. (Not as bad as my Book of the Dead, but certainly the smelliest sets I have.)

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
It's just all the paint and stuff that went on the set. They shrink it before the 2-3 days it takes for the fumes to clear.

Andy_MT

Second Unit
Shrek's another one. smells like a brand of bubble-gum i used to buy. wonder if this was done on purpose, since this title would have been marketed heavily towards kids. either way, very nice.

Bryan

Stunt Coordinator
Guess I'll be sniffing some DS9 tonight. :D Whoa-oa-oa-oa. :p)

I noticed it. I thought it was the plastic. Lot's of plastic went into those. Plastic and more plastic. Not much else.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
I noticed it. I thought it was the plastic. Lot's of plastic went into those. Plastic and more plastic. Not much else.
Yup, it's just that instead of screen printing on the plastic, it has to be painted on, so instead of ink, you're talking heavy solvents.

Paul_Stachniak

Screenwriter
I can see a new trend in DVDs. Scratch in Sniff covers.

Imagine "Freddie Got Fingered" the scratch and sniff edition... eh!!! EH!!!!

... I'm sorry. I'll leave.

Glenn_Jn

Stunt Coordinator
Well it's not surprising the DVD stinks...the series stinks too.(sorry but I couldn't resist):D

Kai Zas

Second Unit
I for one am enjoying this set more than I did TNG. Great stuff. And the best is yet to come!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks