-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Phillips 30PW8520 vs Samsung TXN3071WHF .... Which one and why?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 KyleT

KyleT

Stunt Coordinator

• 59 posts

Posted April 16 2003 - 07:09 AM

They both fit my budget, my cabnet, and they're both 16:9 widescreens.

The Phillips retails for $1999.99 but is supposedly at Sam's Club for $888.98 (although I went to my local one and didn't see itPosted Image )

The Samsung retails for $1199.99 and is supposedly at Sears for $999.99

It would appear as though the Phillips is the better deal. However the Samsung literally just came out this month whereas I believe the Phillips is a more dated model. Beyond that I have no idea how these two brands stand from a reliability and picture quality standpoint... which are my two main concerns.

#2 of 3 TyR

TyR

Extra

• 23 posts

Posted April 16 2003 - 07:58 AM

It may matter to you that the new Samsungs aren't actually out yet, and may not be out until June. Samsung originally planned to have them out in March, but there is some talk now -- and this directly from Samsung Customer Service -- that they may not be available until June.

#3 of 3 Joshua_Y

Joshua_Y

Screenwriter

• 1,241 posts

Posted April 16 2003 - 11:40 PM

My local Circuit City has the new Samsung 3075 in stores and will be ready for delivery next week...and my local Sears does too...