Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

4 more months to "Halloween" SE, Sil-ver Sham-rock

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   Michael Allred

Michael Allred

Screenwriter

• 1,718 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted April 16 2003 - 06:32 AM

Ok, I know we're sick to death of DVD re-issues, but I think Anchor Bay might finally have snagged me.

www.dvdfile.com mentioned a couple of things about AB's August 5th DVD for John Carpenter's "Halloween". Not only will it contain the commentary from the laserdisc, it will also have the excellent AMC documentary (which is funny because the last time it was on, I thought "Gee, this would make a cool extra for a DVD.) I think it's safe to assume a 16x9 enhanced widescreen transfer as it's AB we're taking about here, but I do hope for a DD 5.1 track too. What else they can include, besides the trailer, I dunno, but I'll be getting it anyway.

Since I don't own any of the sequels yet, I think I'll pick up "Halloween II" and "H20" as well, since they're the only "real" sequels, IMO.

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   Matt Stone

Matt Stone

Lead Actor

• 9,070 posts

Posted April 16 2003 - 06:52 AM

Check out our discussion in this thread:
http://www.hometheat....ight=halloween

As for you're project specs, I'm sure your right...because the current plethera of Anchor Bay discs are all anamorphic and DD5.1.
In Heaven, everything is fine.
[ 2006 Films | 2005 Films | 2004 Films | 2003 Films | YMDB Top 20 ]
[ Star Wars | Sideshow | HT | DVDs | LDs | AIM: Maulrat87 ]

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   Michael Allred

Michael Allred

Screenwriter

• 1,718 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted April 16 2003 - 09:29 AM

D'oh! You know, I saw that thread but only took notice of the "Silent Night" part. Bleech, my bad. Mods, feel free to close this one down (or merge the two, whatever.)